1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vince to Houston Article (Again)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drich, Feb 17, 2009.

1. tested911

tested911 Member

2. Kingdaka11

Kingdaka11 Member

Hey guys have to ask, what kind of role would VC, and Boone have on this team?

3. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

crap, it did not show it was T-Mac/Head/Francis' trade exception

for Carter/Najarh(sp)/Boone

4. Throwed247

Throwed247 Member

I have confidence that something will get done before the deadline to bring Vinsanity to Houston, but yall, we are in for a grueling couple of days full of rumors. We all just have to have confidence that Morey knows what he is doing and he will make a trade ONLY if it makes this team better, and I think he will. The ideal situation would obviously be to send T-Mac and get Carter/Ager or whatever package works financially. But I would not be against a package containing Artest, Landry, Head either. Tracy does have that expiring contract in 2010, and that will make him a hot commodity this time next year, so I wouldn't mind holding on to him until then, when we could possibly get something more than he is worth for strictly financial gains by another team hoping to throw their name in the Lebron/Wade/Bosh sweepstakes. But just like nearly all of the fellow posters, there is no way I would give up Battier along with Landry, Artest. NO WAY. But if it is obvious to all of us, you better believe that it is obvious to Morey. It is all a part of negotiating, if you want to buy a car and are willing to pay 20,000 dollars, you don't start by offering 20,000, u start lower and negotiate, haggle if you will. This is going to be an intense couple of days though, but with all the rumors surrounding the Rockets these past several days, what else is new.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

Boone is garbage.

6. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

get it done Morey. Boone adds high to our frontcourt which we need badly.

7. Throwed247

Throwed247 Member

I wouldn't exactly call Boone "garbage". You are probably just looking at his numbers, and if you do that, yeah he's unimpressive. But so is Shane Battier if all you look at is numbers, but his presence is vital if the team is to succeed. You're right, Josh Boone will never be a star, will never even be a starter in all probabilty, but he is by no means "garbage". He has size, hustle, and crashes the boards and defends well enough down low to be a legitimate backup big man, contributing with 15-20 minutes a game for years in this league.

8. sw847

sw847 Member

I would really be PISSED off if that happens. :mad:
    Don't get me wrong, I would love a healthy Tmac back, but I don't believe in quitting on your team, especially being the franchise player. Also faking an injury would just be disgraceful. I would really dispise Tmac if that happens.

Then again, combo of tmac and carter along with Yao up front would be a scary team.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Getting VC and Boone doesn't exactly get me thinking NBA Finals. Not that we're in that position right now either, but is that all we can get?

I'd rather suck with the current team then give up way too much and find out we're gonna suck anyways. Say no to what the Nets want from us, or get more from them.

BTW, Josh Boone is horrible from the FT line, get ready for hack a josh if he's in the game late.

10. xouterheavenx

xouterheavenx Member

YES!
    artest, landry, and head would be a great sacrifice for
    carter and boone.
    as long as we keep battier and scola.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

You'd have to throw in Alston to make that trade work....

12. Classic

Classic Member

Houston:

The place guys 5 to 10 years removed from their prime come to play!

Bonzi
    Artest
    Tmac
    Clearance Weatherspoon
    Juwan Howard
    Barkley
    Pippen
    Francis (second time around)
    Deke
    Mark Jackson
    Mike James
    Clyde Drexler
    and now: Vince Carter!

Am I missing anyone?

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Really? I'd put Charles Barkley there before Clyde....

14. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

I say do nothing.
    Only move I think we should make is shopping Luther Head.
    Other than that, I think we should maybe wait to sign Bibby in the offseason if the cap room allows it.

15. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

don't forget ROD STRICKLAND :D

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

I love how when asked how he keeps in shape he said he was playing pickup bball... That was classic....

17. Throwed247

Throwed247 Member

Not so. As other people have already stated, it would work in two seperate deals. Artest, Landry, Head for Carter, and then trade our trade exception for Boone.

18. FFz

FFz Member

Sorry but if Adelman isn't going to play Mutombo or Hayes... wtf are we going to do with boone.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Oh snap, you're right... But still, you think they'd do it? We'd have to take a cap hit to do it too....

20. jwayne

jwayne Member

Hey guys... Im a new poster... glad to be here.

I hope we can bring in VC... the way I look at it is that the major free agents in 2010 are not really in play for us. I think the majority of them already have an idea of the teams that will be in play for them already. VC, at this point in his career, reminds me of when we brought Clyde in. He is on the tail end but he is still a legitimate ball player, he can score and he is still explosive on most days. He would fill in nicely providing us with a player similar to Tracy on a good night a year ago.

I welcome VC and his contract. It is what it is... you have to give to recieve.