1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vince Carter?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blackwindy, Jun 29, 2008.

1. blackwindy

blackwindy Member

The nets said they want to sell VC for salary gap. maybe we can have a try for Shane Battier,Bobby Jackson and Luther Head.
    That will become big 3 in real.

Thoughts?

2. theREALDEALkid

if the ROX could pull that off i think i would be the happiest person in the world, but i doubt it will happen

3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

salaries dont match up, plus VC contract is too long.

Besides i'd rather we trade for Simmons or Harris.

4. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

TMac and Vince, No Thanks.

5. coolthunderz

coolthunderz Member

He is basically the only star out there that we can trade for without giving that much away. I mean Ron Artests can go anyway and if he really wants a champs, our team isnt a fav to win it all.

6. coolthunderz

coolthunderz Member

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...=976~2763~376~136&teams=17~17~17~10&te=&cash=

Simmons hasnt done anything in the past 2 years

and Harris is a young talent that is worth more than VC to them

Contracts on Paul, Allen, and KG are pretty long too, but I am sure they dont mind

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

You would rather have Simmons over VC???? Can't be serious right about now.

8. TmacsRockets

TmacsRockets Rookie

Rather go after Artest

9. Showtizzle2642

rafer
    vince
    tracy
    scola
    yao

wow... that would be lethal

10. abc2007

abc2007 Member

The only net who I want is Harris!!!

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Vince Carter can still ball. The Nets didn't know what they wanted to do last year, and that kind of non commitment to winning took its toll on its players. Kidd wanted out (and got his wish), RJ was miserable despite his career year, and VC looked like he'd rather be stabbed in his eyes with dirty needles than play another minute of NJ basketball.

If Carter were to be on a winning team, say the Rockets, I'm sure he'd play well. I say go for it, Morey! It is a sort of long-shot, though, and I don't know how VC would fare in Morey's stat evaluations.

12. sook

sook Rookie

you don't pass up on something like this..we are in a win now mode, tracy and yao don't have much left.

13. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

its moreso, i'd rather have simmon's contract over vc's!!!!

Plus i really question how much Vince caters about winning at this point in his career.

I think he just cares more about prolonging his career(and bank) than winning. imo.

Plus then we would have a three injury pronged superstars.

14. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

As much as most people would love a reunion of the Cousins ala Toronto, don't count on it. I would personally love it since you have a good relationship but would it be worth giving up Battier for Carter (who lost his first step and doesn't even take it hard to the hole anymore) ? I don't think so, as a good back-up for Hayes, Bobby J & Head: HELL YESS !!

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

I get your point now, but I think he just needs to change teams. If he played for a contending team like Houston I believe he would be more motivated.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

Him losing his 1st step is still better then any step Battier has.

17. dsounG

dsounG Member

That would be cool. It's just Vince will be in Tracy's shadow this time... :D

18. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I would love to get VC but not at the expense of Battier. If they would take Jackson, Head a signed Landry and picks I would do it.

19. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I see where you cming from , but i'm suspect.

I mean if we had all three and still failed to get outta tha firt(becasue of injuries or whatever), i would commit fanatical suicide. That would be so ndepressing as a houston fan. and then to make matters wrost we would be stuck with VC's contract for three years. Remember TMac's contract ended tha same year King James ends!!! King JAmes and Yao would mean dynasty.

20. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I cant believe some of you on this board gripe that we dont have a 3rd scorer, but cant live with Carter for table scraps how ridiculous.