1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vince Carter for Tracy McGrady rumor??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by matac3, Feb 17, 2009.

1. GOAT

GOAT Member

first trade should be tmac for Vince and hassell

second trade should be Hassell and rafer and head package for Baron Davis

new line up

B Diddy, Brooks
    Vince, Wafer, Barry
    Shane, Ron
    Scola, Landry(might have to be Boone here)
    Yao, Deke

very well could happen with the clippers trying to cut B Diddy for shorter contracts

2. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Dream come true if we get Vince for T-Mac. :D

3. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

4. monk92

monk92 Member

dude do you really want to invest longterm in a chucking, injury prone, aging pointguard that puts us over the luxury tax and takes us out of the 2010 free agency completely? because by then all of the starting 5 will be over 30 (scola will be 29) and we wont have any money left

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i think rules state that a player who has just been traded for (in this case hassell) cannot be traded within another 45 days in any package deal. He could be traded by himself straight up for someone else, a pick, but he cannot be included in a package deal.

maybe replace Ron in your trade with the clippers instead of hassell.

6. 1RocketMac11

1RocketMac11 Member

baron sucks, his contract is ****, and he shoots worse than frickin alston/tmac/artest COMBINED...and that's like the worst trio in terms of shooting all time...he's always injured too...say no...

7. theimpossibles1

I don't see why this trade is making some people nut their pants.

CARTER - 32 yrs. old
    Career stats: 23.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 4.3 apg
    Has played in 749 out of 931 so... 80.5 % of his games.

MCGRADY - 29 yrs. old
    Career stats: 22.1 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 4.7 apg
    Has played in 784 out of 931 so... 84.2 % of his games

So what I see from this is that T-mac has better rebounding and passing skills, is younger, and has missed almost 4% fewer games over his career.
    It is true that Carter is having a slightly better year than T-mac, but Tmac is younger and capable of improving while Carter is older and liable to falter.

Still want this trade?

8. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

It doesn't matter how young you are if your body can't handle it. And I don't think Tracy has the desire to improve.

9. The Brian

The Brian Member

it doesn't matter about career stats or even age in this case because t-mac looks done. either he's given up on this team or his leg is blown up; carter is easily the better player now and has been consistent.

10. homeboi

homeboi Member

I'm still a dreamer, I don't want to see a trade involving T-mac. I want him to get back to the old T-mac and bust some ass in the playoffs.

11. theimpossibles1

Valid points, both of you.

I also noticed an error in my calculation of % of games played. Carter has actually played in 88.2 % of his games, so about 4 % more than T-mac.

I however am still not sure if I like this trade due to the 2010 debacle.

12. Texxx

Texxx Member

Then go into a time warp where you can land in the year of 2002 because he is as good as Walt Williams was for the Rockets at this point.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good lord... what world are you living in? McGrady on a leg and a half makes Williams look like a chump.

14. gebanmard

gebanmard New Member

this is a good trade,maybe tmac is a good player before ,but right now he seemed will retire.The only value of him is his contract.I think what net interests in is his contract not his ability. :(

15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

wow unruly first post there...nonetheless watchin ron play rite now...he's really making a case...and think...there are less likely to be problems bt vince and ron...vince is not prideful...able to work around ppl better than him for the first time..

16. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

for all the issues between Ron & Mac you think the Nets would take both of them? also by sending Shane for Simmons (expired in 2010) we'd still be under the cap in 2010, maybe able to offer a $8~$10mil. contract to a 2nd tier star.

17. 34to11

34to11 Member

How dare you disparage The Wizard in such a manner.

18. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Comments from the Nets GM Thorn:

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2009/02/new_jersey_nets_president_rod_2.html

New Jersey Nets president Rod Thorn says he's not close to deal with Vince Carter rumors swirling
    by Dave D'Alessandro/The Star-Ledger
    Tuesday February 17, 2009, 9:00 PM

HOUSTON -- The trade deadline is just one day away, which means this is an opportunity for Rod Thorn to flaunt his poker face or be as candid as an executive can possibly be.

The Nets president will say only this much: His team isn't close to making any deals, despite repeated rumors about Vince Carter moving on to San Antonio or Houston.

"I'd say probably not," Thorn replied, when asked if he foresaw a deal before Thursday's deadline. "It's hard to gauge with time left, but probably not."

Peers familiar with conversations Thorn has had with the Spurs and Rockets say their offers for Carter don't appeal to the Nets. And Thorn himself admitted Tuesday that unlike last season -- when he pulled off the Jason Kidd-Devin Harris deal -- he can't trade a superstar in this economic environment and improve his product at the same time.

"Short-term, I would probably doubt that," Thorn said.

19. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

Good luck to him, Carter's contract is long and lingering.

20. dlite316

dlite316 Member

man o man...i will be hell of a happy man if that happens...