1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vince Carter for Tracy McGrady rumor??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by matac3, Feb 17, 2009.

1. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

Just looked at it and there are some combos that would work as far as the salaries. And from a Nets perspective, all the players they would get would be off the books by free agency 2010 (LeBron sweepstakes).

Any combination of Tmac, Luther, Hayes, Dorsey

for

some combination for Carter, Hassell, Yi.

Lets face it, the Nets aren't going to win anything. So from their point of view they take Tmac and pay him next year, then he's off the books. Carter is under contract for 3 more years.

If they think they have any shot at LeBron, this would give them the cash.

2. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

they could even buy out tmac and play their young guys - if they think he's really done.

but this deal is way too good to actually happen. if morey is able to pull off tracy for vc then i'm building him an altar in my basement.

3. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

This is great deal. People have to understand that we are contending this year and going forward!

With TMAC almost nonexist and other injuries, we are only a couple games away from #2 seed in West. We are 2-2 against the top3 teams in East. Now adding Vince and we remain healthy, we can only get much better. Any team in this kind of situation and want to save opportunities for next year(or the year after next, or the year after...) is just simply insane!

Make it happen, Morey!

4. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

I think Les has to be trying to get Yi involved in the deal somehow.

5. DtJohnKimbell

DtJohnKimbell Member

Yea but najera has four years so I think if it is any combo it would be something like tmac for carter and najera

6. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

I agree with this. If nothing else this would make Yao happy and keep him here forever. That's why I put him in the mix. And if they include Yi, I wouldn't mind giving up Landry.

Tmac, Landry, Luther for Carter, Hassell, Yi

Lets do it Morey!

7. onreego

onreego Member

True. I think Ron is more likely to go, epecially with Tracy conveniently getting opinions on his right before the trade deadline. Both scenarios work out for NJ when it comes to 2010, but the Ron option would hurt us the most as far as losing our very minimal amount of young talent. Sadly, getting rid of luther isnt important anymore when it comes to the possibility of getting someone "decent" for Tracy.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This would be a HUGE steal.

Makes more since than a deal for Ron, because Tracy is an unknown right now...

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It is speculation,nothing else.

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I hate to say it, but I would get this done...T-Mac needs a new start and so does Houston...Yao is still the cornerstone of this franchise...although I have two T-mac jersey's and so does my so that sux...

11. 2rings

2rings Member

agreed. there will be so much comp for 2010 why not do something good now and remain in the hunt this year.

12. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Never thought i'd say this either, but i would pull the trigger...we keep Artest and hopefully sign him to a deal and we have Carter as well...

Chilcutt

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Folks seem to like this. Is it because of Carter of Hassell? I don't know much about Hassell...what's his story?

14. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

I hope its Tracy for Vince. It really does make sense for both teams.

Wouldn't it be great if we could get Vince AND Amare?!??!? Artest + filler for Amare... Tracy for Vince.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i'm fine with him being traded so the team can just move on.

hopefully NJ can buy him out so he can go to a contender though, if that does indeed happen.

16. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

if the Nets don't trade Carter this year, they will not be able to trade him next year becasue everyone will be trying to unload money for the summer and not taking on more.

that's why they would do a trade like that.

17. Tobe

Tobe Member

when is the trade deadline?

18. arjun

arjun Member

true tmac hasnt been healthy...but wen he has felt ok..artest n tmac havent really gelled

wat makes yall think that carter/artest will be THAT much better

i think carter/tmac have a much better chance of playing together and having fun while doing so

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

But:

1) Tmac has been playing poorly when he plays at all.
    2) Can we risk Carter staying motivated if it's clear the team is going nowhere with an ailing McGrady?

20. arjun

arjun Member

you have a point, but these guys are cousins man...maybe im wrong, maybe they arent as close as i think...but being family...i mean ur family.