1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Videos] UPDATED: Scrimmage highlights, Patterson in post drills

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Scrimmage action - 12/15/2011 (Day 7 of Training Camp)
    Nice drive from T-Will here. He missed a couple of threes in the scrimmage, but he looked quick and strong on his drives.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5uETemMuR04" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Couple of nice plays from Jeremy Lin today. Marcus Morris hit the game-winning three with 9 seconds left.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ND0L_Ma-Ysg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is McHale speaking to the team after practice. What did Patrick want to call -- "Boatleg"?:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AEcrFTWiXhI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, Patrick Patterson is still not practicing, but he did join the post work drills today. Here he is with Jordan Hill and Hasheem Thabeet doing post moves. This isn't in the video (though you can hear similar stuff), but McHale was on Jordan Hill about "getting lower" in his post-up stance and I <a href="https://twitter.com/#!/clutchfans/status/147418112134873089">tweeted that quote here</a>.

"You got Dwight Howard in 10 days. You better drop that ass."

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AsZufg1jQXU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.
  2. RV6

RV6 Member

Haven't watched it yet, but is there a reason why you have more access or permission to record this year? Or does it just seem that way? Can't remember this much video in the past. Is it the new coaching staff?

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

thanks a bunch!

4. xAliceInChains

Thanks a ton for this, they must of been pretty tires because I saw a bunch of stuff off the front of the rim.

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

are they not running the same offense as last year? Or is this only because it's a scrimmage?

6. srrono

srrono Member

new coach new offense yes

7. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Thanks a lot Clutch!

My opinion:
    - T-will can be dangerous, hope he turns things around because we could really use a guy like him to break down defenses. He took this very serious, I like that as well.
    - Kmart, still quick as a cat boy.
    - Morris hit a nice three at the end of the shot clock, rest was a bit forced
    - Lin showed some nice moves
    - Lee looked ok
    - Thabeet looked a lot more active but still lost and is definitely not a rim protector. At least hit a FT!
    - Patterson made bad pass and silly foul
    - Flynn looked nice on a drive but didn't see enough since it's far and bit blurry @ other end of the court
    - Budinger with a nice dunk

8. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Member

Thanks Clutch.

Jeremy Lin looked good.

If he doesn't find a place on the Rockets, I hope he finds a role somewhere else.

I wonder if McHale is contemplating starting Thabeet...

Lowry, Kevin, Williams, Morris, Thabeet
    vs.
    Flynn, Lee, Budinger, ?, Hill

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

They are mixing it up a bit since we don't have the personnel to run last years offense.

10. BasketballReasons

I feel like FLynn is going to have an impact.

11. VanityHalfBlack

Lin and Dragic look exactly the same, couldn't tell them apart from their game...

12. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Lin has black hair, Dragic has brown hair.

13. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

"From their game"

14. victorx91

victorx91 Member

Nice stuff. Jordan Hill & TWill look good. Dragic very aggressive on defense. Jonny Flynn looks like he has no idea what he's doing as a point guard (Aaron Brooks). Even Jeremy Lin got a tip-in and a foul call on a fastbreak. That kid can play. I would definitely play him over Flynn. A lot of jump shots all around were off, and it seemed like a lot of them were relying on a long range shot. Hopefully it's just in scrimmage.

15. RV6

RV6 Member

Scola was sitting and i dont imagine he's not starting, so those lineups may not mean much. McHale may just be giving more time to the younger bigs to evaluate and/or prepare them.

16. valorita

valorita Member

observations...

mchale loves johnny flynn. Dragic out of favor? Lin still here?
    twil can get to rim whenever he wants. Didn't play great defense though. And settles for 3s.
    chase is solid. Is trying to do all the right things
    morris doesn't look comfortable at the 3 but too small for 4. Range not to nba 3 yet. Not ready to contribute yet
    no post offense when scola is out, mostly pick and rolls.
    thabeet, hill not ready. Both slow to rotate defensively and foul prone
    saturday preseason game is going to be ugly.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Family! ;) He was sitting all day

18. Tmac1Yao11

Tmac1Yao11 Member

Great video, thanks !

19. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

It looks very competitive, I'm excited to see the lineups McHale will use on Saturday.

20. cod

cod Member

Dragic has been out with a sprained ankle.