1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Videos from Day 3: Motiejunas, JB Bickerstaff (on Terrence Jones)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It was a bit scattered after the game as several players after the final horn sounded immediately went from the floor to the stands or off with friends... but did get to catch Motiejunas and coach JB Bickerstaff.

Honestly it seemed like everyone impressed me this game, but Terrence Jones has been remarkably consistent the first 3 games. He's good. He got off to a little bit of a slow start but took off in the fourth. I'm amazed at his dribbling ability and crossover moves for such a big man... he really was getting to the basket.

Here is JB Bickerstaff with his thoughts on Terrence Jones.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wW7uPPS3EE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is Donatas Motiejunas on a variety of topics. When asked who among his teammates has impressed him, he said Royce White.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3P-iQtwZkMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great game... I'll get some more thoughts up later.

4 people like this.
  2. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Donuts likes White because White will actually pass him the ball.

3. conquistador#11

Dmo gives interesting interviews, always stay tuned. Of course he was impressed with Royce, He was the only one that would pass him the ball. =)

4. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Clutch,

Agree 100% with your thoughts on jones....he impressed me today with his ball handling skills. I think he has a chance to contribute right away.

5. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I think it is clear that we can expect White (assuming he is not traded) to get good playing time this year. Seems like every interview that a coach or player gives in which he is asked to name a player that has impressed him that they always say White. Tonight was a good game for him and the advice Sampson gave him was great -- but the dude must be tearing it up in practice to be receiving such praise.

Of course, as is mentioned above, people always love guys who pass the ball -- especially passed like that (side note, I think 3 of his 4 assists were in the first few minutes, no?).

6. jbasket

jbasket Member

It has been three impressive games by Jones. I am intrigued by his explosiveness.

7. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

I like that Monty is being groomed for a 5

8. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I think a front court of White and Jones would be awesome. They can both play 3 or 4, and that would be a fast breaking, solid rebounding, athletic, very strong and havoc creating duo.

9. w00t

w00t Member

D-Mo said last year somewhere about his difficulty gaining weight. Rockets need to get him same "vitamins" Howard used to get in shape like he is :)

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Clutch, some really nice interviews, and I think we're getting spoiled around here! A question, though. I know it's early, but does one of the three 1st round picks stand out, at least to you, as the guy you don't want to include in a deal for Howard? If we could just keep one of Lamb, Jones, and White, based on these 3 games, who would you keep? I really like all three, and can't decide myself, although I would lean towards Lamb.

11. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Not me -- I'd prefer him at the four position. If we are able to pair him next to Dwight, that would be a great/ideal combo. If Dwight can get Ryan Anderson insanely overpaid, he'll make Motiejunas an all-star.

12. cocoloco

cocoloco Member

coach mchale has a plethora of talent to work with and things are looking good for the rockets. lots of different skill sets from the young players. all he has to do is bring it together. hopefully lin can take charge of the team and guide them. would be nice to get a glue type veteran to have a calming presence in the locker room in return for kmart.

13. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Man this summer league has been good. The problem is that now our young guns are starting to gain our love, it would hurt more to trade them now

14. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Yeah man, Machado just ignores him. Fortson tries....but is Fortson.

BTW did anyone see Machado running down the court on a push with his hands up in the air cause he wanted the ball on the break from Dragic. Then Dragic does what he is supposed to....continues pushing and gets his man up in the air only to curl a pass around to Machado who almost didn't catch it to lay it in because he was too busy being demonstrative.

That dude needs to get his mind right fast if he is going to make a team....

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Would like to see some more Terrence Jones videos. Saw him freshman year as a guy that was very active defensively, but offense wasn't there. Seems to be a three
    disease in college...a lot of big men shooting from outside way too much.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You said it, 17, 16, 17 points and boards in 3 games......very good

17. jdjd

jdjd Member

Thanks Clutch for the interviews, I agree, I think T.Jones will be a player in this league IF he can hold his own against the 4's of the league. And with everyone going small these days a traditional 4 plays the 5, so he should see some playing time. He impressed me with his dribble skills (by the way am I the only one that notices that Morey likes lefthanded players) he suprised me with his late game crossover and dribble penetration. I hope we keep them all and get Dwight ..... i can dream can't i?:)

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

We have struck gold with all these rooks I think. Whether we keep them or not, it's good to see our scouts and front office do this well in the draft.

All 4 of these guys can contribute right away I think. Lamb and Motiejunas have allstar potential and white and jones can be solid contributers on a good team with thier versatility and mess match oppertunities.

19. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Miss*

whoops

20. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Yeah, I saw that play. Zoran made a beautiful wrap around pass to Machado, and it almost hit him in the chest, but he recovered for the layup. I just chalked it up that these guys have only played together for 2 weeks. Machado will learn Zoran can go coast to coast or drive and dish.