1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Videos] Daryl Morey speaks to media - Day 7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Was there some arguments over positioning among the interviewers? I hear Feifen yelling at somebody.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Feigen?

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Patterson's hook is higher than Thabeet's....

4. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Is it just me or do those post move practices seem hopelessly optimistic? I know they have to get the basic moves down but damn, they're going to have 7 footers guarding them, not a 6 footer. If only Dikembe was here again, he'd swat all of those weak shots out of there.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Thanks Clutch !

Any chance we can get your perspective on what you have see as a fan?

DD

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

7. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Jeremy Lin is 6-3, 200 lbs.

Kyle Lowry is 6-0, 175 lbs.

I'd say "big enough" isn't a problem for Lin. Not sure how he stacks up in speed and quickness, but in NCAA, D-League, and (short) NBA play, Lin seems to get quite a few steals and rebounds which points high activity on the court.

8. jm434

jm434 Member

clutch are u gonna report the highlights? (2 min ones).. if not where can we watch the scrimmage online? (is it on youtube or anything?)

also what are ur overall thoughts on the players? thanks!!

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thanks Clutch.

Morey looked really, really, really tired and frustrated, and rightly so.

If this league wasn't run like a communist dictatorship where nobody is allowed to criticize the dictator (Stern) without having to fear significant repercussions and if he could have let loose and could have said what he really thinks about Stern, I think it would not have been pretty.

Of course, he is also way too smart to do that.

10. pacmania

pacmania Member

You can't keep a good man down. Truly inspirational how he can bounce right back up after a vicious knockdown. You just have to keep struggling and who knows what the tide will bring.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qaA_fSYfmTQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

morey looked PISSED

12. RV6

RV6 Member

I'm guessing that's Lowry's "new" weight for this year? He's yet to prove downsizing won't be a problem with him, since the season hasn't started, so we'll have to wait and see how he deals with it.

But i was really leaning more towards physicality and not so much size. Lowry isn't a big guard, but he handles physical play well. He can also dish it out. I'm not sure Lin is capable of it. He looked smaller to me than those numbers indicate, but i guess he's bigger than i thought.

13. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Is Marcus cousin in the roster still? Didn't see him in any of the vids.

14. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Haha, now that you bring that up I went back over the numbers, and I get different weights for Lowry on different sites. He's definitely around 200 lbs. My bad :p I thought that weight was a little low...

But yeah, I haven't seen Lin play much so I can't say anything about his physicality. But if he plays the way he did against John Wall in the summer league, I think he should stick somewhere. And a lot of people don't realize how tall he actually is (compared to point guards)

15. Stack24

Stack24 Member

My only real observation from the videos would be that Flynn dribbles way too much and doesn't run the offense well at all. More street ball then anything.

16. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

It must be unfamiliarity with the plays and his teammates. Both sides were running plays, except when they got steals.

Lin must be in top shape. Can you imagine backcourt pressure from both Dragic and Lin? I do hope we have roster space for Lin, since Dragic can be pressed to duty as a 2. Lin looks to have a high BB IQ.

Why did Morris keep shooting 3s and showing a lot of frustration? T-Will at least attacked the basket.

Very nice videos ...

17. Dei

Dei Member

Patterson's post up makes Thabeet and Hill's look amateur.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

To be fair, that's because they are amateurs.

There are probably a hundred college students out there with better post up fundamentals than Thabeet.

He's just tall and decently athletic.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Is it enough that you would keep him around to develop?

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

They are all amateurs compared to Kevin McHale.

K-Mac must feel like Neil DeGrasse Tyson teaching 1st grade math (and two of his 3 students are special ed).