1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Videos] Clint Capela's four monster dunks in Toronto

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 30, 2015.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep.

I'm going to say, this guy has amazing potential.

Won't play much this year but hopefully he shows next preseason and puts in the work offseason so that he could back up Dwight next year.

2. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Capela won't see any minutes in the play-offs guys. I know he's a rim protector but Joey has played very well despite his size and with Smith & TJ manning the 4 spot, possibly with D-Mo as well, there's just no way Clint is going to play.

3. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r3K7yDGSbtw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Pipe

Pipe Member

I was at the game last night and paid particular attention to Capela when he was in. Lots of raw talent, which most folks realize. What surprised me is that he still seems to be struggling with his conditioning as he got tired after a few trips up and down the floor. Not sure what is up with that.

As Bullard would say, he also needs more sand in his pants.

5. vator

vator Member

I like the fact that a lot of the things he did in the D League seem to translate to the NBA game. These D League highlights also showcase things like his touch around the basket when he isn't dunking. That will come. I'm happy for now with the dunks, blocks, and rebounds.

6. thumbs

thumbs Member

Does anyone have a current height measurement for Capela? When we drafted him, he was still in a growth spurt, or at least that's what I heard. When Dwight is done, I look for him to be our center.

7. GMNot

GMNot Member

To clarify, I agree. Hakeem developed a mid-range jump shot over time. That's what I was intending to mean -- that Capela "develops" both a post-up game and a mid-range jump shot. (And drastically improve his FT shooting.)

8. i3artow i3aller

Stoked about Nipsey Hustle aka Clint Beastwood! Hopefully he stays in the U.S. to work w/ Dream over the summer. I understand why people hate the AD comparisons as he falls woefully short offensively, but Capela's defense and physical attributes are eerily similar to Ant.
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a0Z35aXdpdU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

2k line up:

Harden
    Brewer
    Ariza
    Capella
    Howard

Raw line up. Capella at PF was nothing but lobs from harden

10. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

Clint N'Dumba-Capela

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He simply can't play significant minutes if he can't hit a single free throw.

12. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

Why is dorsey and smith playing then

13. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

Well, if McHale takes him out the second he misses his first pair of free throw shots, how the heck is he going to get the rhythm? Keep Clint playing, and I guarantee you he'll start making them.

McHale is the dumbest mother****er I know.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Smith is lightyears ahead of him. Dorsey is in strictly as the incumbent. Clint should replace him by next year, but that doesn't make his FT shooting any less problematic.

15. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

Times like this show me how sensitive McHale is. Give a person some confidence, and their whole game changes. Show Clint that hey, despite you missin FTs, I'll keep you in, because we need you.

And just watch Clint blossom in our eyes.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Capella is still recovering from a groin injury.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

How many more does he need to miss? Who are you to guarantee. Yes he should listen to a random on clutchfans lol

18. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

Does Capela get serious training now that D-Mo is out?

Will Hakeem work with Capela extensively now?

Will McHale even start to have any ****ing faith in Capela?

Will McHale allow Capela to play big minutes in the playoffs for rim protection?

Does Capela have a post game we don't know of?

MY MIND IS ****ING GOING INSANE I CANT HANDLE 2 HUGE INJURIES OF BEV AND DMO

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Capela is useless as long as he's incapable of shooting free throws.

20. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

I think he needs to be in the game longer to get those chills off his nerves.
    Dude seems like a chill dude, and seems that dude Clint just needs to know from his coach that he has faith in him, and then watch.... Clints % will go up and may end up being our best big man FT%.