1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Videogames] Streets of Rage Remake

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Drexlerfan22, Apr 16, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

http://www.multiupload.com/B7A7GYL2UN

So I know from past threads that there are a lot of game fans on this board, and plenty who appreciate old-school games like Streets of Rage.

This fanatical fan spent 8 years coding this remake from scratch, basically combining everything from all three of the original games, and then also adding in his own stuff.

I had played one of the many betas of it about a year ago, and wasn't way impressed. A bit too buggy, just a few too many issues, mostly it just made me want to play Streets of Rage 2 again.

But this final version? Wow. There are no words. For me it basically just leap-frogged a 3-way tie of the original Streets of Rage 2, Castle Crashers, and Scott Pilgrim for the title of best side-scrolling beat-'em-up ever. There are 12 distinct playable characters for chrissakes! And there are even different versions of some characters on top of that! You can even play 2-player with a CPU-controlled partner.

Highly recommend anyone who ever enjoyed Streets of Rage, Final Fight, Double Dragon, etc to give this a try, I guarantee you won't regret it.

2. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

How do you run it? System requirements, etc? There wasn't any info on the link....do I need an emulator or something?

3. RocketTOOL

RocketTOOL Member

Just unzip the download and run the sorr.exe from the unzipped directory.

4. Drexlerfan22

It's a self-contained program, you don't need an emulator. And the system requirements are so low that any modern machine can run it.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Downloading it now.

Does it support internet mulitplayer?

6. Drexlerfan22

Sadly no. :(

I've been reading about it at different places, and apparently try as he might, the guy couldn't get it to work without it being crazy laggy, so he just removed it altogether.

It has everything else you could ask out of a SoR game though, and more.