1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Videogame] Star Wars: Battlefront

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RESINator, Oct 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. 713

713 Member

Anybody get the game? How's the gameplay?

I was told there is only 4 maps?

Should I get BF or Black Ops 3?

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I played the Beta for BF and the graphics are amazing but comparing it with the Black Ops 3 beta I just had more fun with Black Ops.

Me and my friends were looking for a good multiplayer game to play together and we were all leaning BF for awhile but the amount of modes that Black Ops offers was too tempting. We've been having a blast playing.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

It's installing on my Xbox One as we speak...

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I cancelled my preorder after playing the beta. Doesn't seem like a game that will grab my attention for long. Cut my losses and used the money towards Legacy of the Void instead lol.

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

4 maps? No way. And if that's the case I'm assuming its the usual map pack bullsh1t from previous BF games.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There are 12 maps. More on the way.

7. BleedsRocketRed

I wonder how much shovel-ware DLC will be released knowing EA's track record...

Ill probably get it though, but might wait a little while and see if the price drops for the holiday season.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

How's it in comparison to the beta? I enjoyed myself, but the fun just didn't last that long. Very limited in terms of things I was able to do. Seemed like something that wouldn't give much bang for the buck, but would like some feedback from those who have been playing the full game.

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I've only played a tiny bit, but I'm enjoying it more than I did the beta right now. Endor is amazeballs, I don't play many online FPS games, but I don't recall a full on forest in any Battlefield game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R6xAVKIL-4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PSN is in my sig.

#29 Oski2005, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Endor is my favorite too. I played for a couple hours; I'm the guy who gets 3 kills and has 12 deaths. If you want my badassery on your side, my PSN is tsalsu

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I wasn't going to get this game on XBO. I was just thinking I'm worn out on shooters. But, I ended up getting it for xmas.

This game is addicting. I haven't had so much fun in multiplayer battles in a long time. I didn't think I could get back into it. But, this strikes me as a really well done game in the SW universe.

I mostly play Supremacy. Sometimes I lag a lot and it's kind of comical. And, sure enough, there seems to be the players with the fastest connections (or whatever their advantages are) who win every game and shoot you dead before you know what hit you.

I am a middle of the pack standings player. I hold my own. You really have to be on your toes playing this game or you will be dead faster than you can blink. Currently, I really suck at flying and killing things from the air. I've only had the hero card once and I totally blew it as Vader the one time I had it. I haven't practiced enough as a hero or in the air.

This game is pure fun, though, and I think it was really well done for the most part. I'm so glad I got it for xmas or I wouldn't have played it otherwise. Occasionally, I want to break stuff when I get my ass handed to me but that's part of the fun.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm worried that by the time I get this game the playerbase will have flamed out.

I hear it's just a zerg shooter. Not much like the original Battlefront at all.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I got better and an up to level 45 but I don't have any time to play anymore. Probably been a couple weeks.

It's a good game but I think the complaint about it only being half a game (unless you buy the "Season Pass" for $50) is legit. All of the content should have been included with the actual game.

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

I didn't like this game at all. Something about it just feels boring. It lacks intensity for me. Maybe it's just shooting lasers that feels like there is no threat? I do remember enjoying the first one so it is odd. Maybe everything really does turn to **** as you get older. The game does sound incredible though on my 7.2 system and is visually stunning.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Most disappointing game of the year. EA/DICE thought they had something big but screwed it up by being too greedy and trying to milk as much DLC money from this franchise as possible.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've played it for like 2-3 hours. Went back to BF4. Wont touch it again. Could have been good, but it's not.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Dice pumping out games too fast, they've run out of ideas.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Didn't care much for Battlefront the game.

But I just played the X-Wing VR mission, and holy f**k they need a full game of this ASAP.

19. Anticope

Anticope Member

I've found this game somewhat addicting as well and I keep coming back to it. The game felt sort of bland to me when I first got it until I started playing the Heroes vs Villains playlist, which I have found to be one of my favorite game types on any shooter. I will say though that no one would be playing this game if it wasn't Star Wars, the content is a bit lacking but if you find a game type that you really like then it's worth it.

20. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Yeah it is pretty awesome. It is the only game that I have gotten the feeling of slight motion sickness. I think i was flying a little too crazy though