1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[VIDEOGAME] NBA 2K9: Spurs @ Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrdan, Sep 20, 2008.

1. alcatrazpsycho

2. alcatrazpsycho

Oh snap... sorry for the double post but...

They even got Yao's height right this time too.

3. HombreDeHierro

uhhh ok tmac better be more than a B+ athletically unless they know something we don't :eek: lol

also, i wonder if they gave scola a midrange game this year. he showed it well towards the end of the season

4. stussysupreme

stussysupreme Member

lol shane has same ath. ability as tmac?

5. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

look at landry. He is like the second most athletic Rocket. He has a C-

6. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

I believe this is how the Rockets have improved from last years game. I don't believe T-Mac should have taken that kind of hit considering how he stepped up in the playoffs, but oh well...

Yao Ming 94 (+2)
    Tracy McGrady 91 (-2)
    Ron Artest 87 (+1)
    Rafer Alston 81 (+2)
    Shane Battier 81 (+3)
    Luis Scola 79 (+7)
    Brent Barry 79 (+3)
    Luther Head 77 (+3)
    Steve Francis 76 (-4)
    Aaron Brooks 76 (+3)
    Carl Landry 74 (+4)
    Chuck Hayes 72 (0)
    DJ Strawberry 69 (-2)

7. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

Shane Battier is arguably the best perimeter defender in the league. How does he get a B+!? Carl Landry a C-(less than Chuck Hayes who got a C) for athleticism!? Ron Artest has higher athleticism than T-Mac!?

T-Mac shouldn't have taken that drop in the ratings. I hope they did the same for Arenas and D-Wade who missed more time than T-Mac and who's teams wasn't that good even when they played.

8. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

were da hell is mutombo!?

9. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

I also think they did a much better job with the ratings now then last year and they definitely got Yao's rating right (94), which puts him as the best center in da game (Dwight Howard is now a 93 which he drop to last year from 95... HAAAAHA)! :D But why do they have Carl in our lineup but on Dorsey or Mutombo?!!! :confused:

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

wow, technology is a son of a gun.........1979

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LxvkyFsc5nA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LxvkyFsc5nA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HB8_-bdiyBo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HB8_-bdiyBo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

10 yrs later

1989<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f20C8DiYk7o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f20C8DiYk7o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

12. theREALDEALkid

u can switch from letter grades to full stats by clicking L3 on the controller, they just put the letter grades in for a quicker overview

13. JustWannaChill

The game generally looks very realistic, except when the players move like in slow motion at times.

14. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

They really vamped up on the graphics...I like how the players actually cut after they pass the ball

I was thinking of switching to NBA 09, but I think I'm going to stick with 2k

15. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

anyone else notice t-mac had shoulders like dwight howard

16. lxnew2000

lxnew2000 Member

Anyone noticed? Is that Head at the end? ooo my ~!~

17. theREALDEALkid

NBA 09!! ur crazy if you were gonna switch to tht game, i'd swith to nba live before tht...but 2k is where its at...i love sim games so 2k is erfect for me

18. ClutchCityReturns

For the lazy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Personally, I think they got the overall ratings about right. Though I'd probably give Scola +2, Landry + 3, and Francis - 4.

But some of the attribute ratings are terrible. Just one example is giving Landry with an F outside game. For a power forward who shot a good number of jumpers and still shot 60% from the field, and who supposedly is working on adding the 3 point shot to his game, that's just incorrect. D+ at least.

I actually like the letter grading system, since it's how they rate rookies in the draft. It should make it easier to tell just how good they're going to be down the road.

#38 ClutchCityReturns, Sep 22, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  19. chonox

chonox Member

^ why has no1 yet to complain about chuck hayes post D at C+ , i find that ridiculous, for the amount of praise others give hayes about his post D and watching him strip the ball so often against the elite PFs of the league its amazing they still give him a C+ , yeah sure his not gonna be on highlight reels with massive blocks but that doesnt mean he isnt an EXCELLENT (at least B+ in my mind) post defender. /end rant

20. ClutchCityReturns

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some other ratings of interest...

Look @ Kidd and Dirk :confused:
    [​IMG]

The Suns rating are weird. Shaq is now an 84, which I agree with, but then Raja Bell is also an 84? Really? And Grant Hill had a nice comeback, but I don't think he's an 83...
    [​IMG]

Bobby Jackson is the 3rd best King. Ouch! :eek:
    [​IMG]

Donte Greene
    [​IMG]