1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video] Tony Parker barely beats the buzzer with clutch shot

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tehG l i d e, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Only if they win the series, otherwise no one will remember.

2. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

True. They have a big chance now, just gotta take care of homecourt. Or of course, take game 2 also.

3. babyface44

babyface44 Member

4. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

I love how he calmly walks off after the shot. So boss....

5. smr6

smr6 Member

The Spurs are the perfect example of "Act like you've done it before".

6. Man

Man Contributing Member

So as long as you don't pick up your dribble again?

7. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

I don't understand why Lebron overplayed for the steal. Should have just stayed between TP and the bucket, that shot never happens then.

8. Outlier

Outlier Member

Parker is also a coach:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uEEaM6gwCcs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed.
    Just let him try either a more heavily contested shot with you in front of him
    or hold the ball a second longer

Rocket River

10. akxninja

akxninja Member

I've seen Ginobili do the same before. They're such a well-oiled machine their players can coach, AND everyone listens cause they've earned that respect. Look how everyone huddles in. When McHale talks to our players sometimes half the people don't even bother to listen.

11. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

They still lose though. Technically the game was lost once Bosh missed that 3 pointer.

On another subject the Heats inability to get a good shot off with 5 seconds left made me feel a little better about McHale's play calling on last second shots. If Miami has a hard time getting a shot off in those circumstances then maybe McHale is not as bad as I think.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

if the spurs win this series that will go down as an all time shot. I mean christ, the level of difficulty and clutchness was off the scale. TP is a very special player.

13. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

It's unbelievable to me how many people who watch basketball don't know what a travel is. This particular play wasn't even close to being a travel.

14. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

when parker steps through on to his right foot, he lifts his left (pivot) foot. A clear travel, however its never called in the NBA.

That said that was an incredible shot. Completely incredible. The only way it could have been more impressive if the game was a game winner.

15. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I have to legitimately ask this-- how is it that the Spurs culture can remain so professional year in and year out? You send almost any player over there and it's like they threw out their gold chains and brought their lunch pails to work. How is it that no other team has been able to replicate it? Is it just due to Pop and Duncan being there, or is it more?

16. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Parker has been so amazing in this playoff season. The decision making and that midrange has made him so dangerous. Obviously him attacking the basket was always a trademark attribute.

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

at 120 frames a second

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UFUh4toTS5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Just amazing that everybody in the huddle leans in like that.

19. DreamRoxCoogFan

LeBron made the right play- it looked like Tony had lost possession so LeBron was trying to get the ball. It was just amazing that Tony kept his dribble and was able to maintain possession and, more impressively, get the shot off. If LeBron got that steal, that could've easily been a transition bucket and they'd be tied

20. VanityHalfBlack

It was a jump shot?