1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Terrence Williams - 13 Points Vs Magic (12.26.11)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Dec 26, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think that is where he is headed as soon as PPat is ready to play.

At the end of the day though, TWill did not look all that great, made some good plays and some stupid ones.....he makes too many mistakes.

On D, he is athletic but tries to hard and gets blown by because his footwork is awful, contrast that with CBud who has good footwork and plays within himself forcing his opponents to shoot contested jumpers you can see why one starts over the other.

The casual fans will say....CBud sucks, but he is actually a much better/smarter defender than TWill right now.....much better.

DD

2. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Is it just me, or was T Will every bit as bad on defense as Martin and Budinger?

3. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

As for T-Will, I don't think his primary goal should be to develop a solid "stop&shoot" jumper.

With his speed and ability to drive to the basket he could either finish at the rim or just stop and shoot a 15ft jumper. If he can add that kind of move to his game then he will be very tough to guard.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yes, it's just you.

5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Hey TWill, lets party

6. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Nah doesn't work

7. BasketballReasons

I agree about the D. But it seems like he was really trying and pressing a lot.

Turkoglu was on fire and hit one or two 3's right in his face at some point, but you can't really contest that.

Bundinger seemed totally asleep during the game (I hope his shot keeps falling again).

IMO they both have the tools to become NBA starters, whats going to elevate one higher than the other is the motivation and will to take over that spot. And at the moment T-Will (though I agree made some mistakes last night and didn't always make the best shots) seems to be more driven.

8. jopatmc

I'm going back over last night's game in my mind. The imagery I have is of Bud, standing flat-footed looking at Hedo while Hedo stood out at the arc surveying the whole floor and determining which play he was going to make. That's the lasting image I have of the game. Bud wasn't reaching for the steal, he wasn't up close challenging and forcing the drive, he wasn't impeding Hedo's eyesight, nothing. At least TWill forced the action and didn't let Hedo just stand out there and figure out what play he was going to run.

I really wished we could go back over and iso Hedo JRich Redick Chase and TWill and see what was really going on.

There was no defensive pressure on the perimeter except from Kyle and TWill.

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

He is worse than Bud, and not as bad as Kmart.

DD

10. albuster

albuster Member

It seemed like team game is a kryptonite to Twill's game. Yeah, he scored some but TMac did it too, and much better. Overall, the fluid and smooth ball movement that I was used to seeing was non existent. I hope it is just the lack of a true pre season camp. Otherwise, it will be a long (although shortened) and dreadful season.

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

There is no evidence that Twill is more driven, more animated, but not more driven.

Some guys are silent killers, while others pound their chest to draw attention.

Both can be successful, but it fools a lot of fans who are not really paying attention to what is going on...

DD

12. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

T-Will's +/- was like -10.... just sayin.... and he was holding the ball too much when he needed to just dish it. I kinda laughed whenever his decision making took too long and budinger almost ran into him. It was bad at times, but he got his playing time...... i want a win. Not a loss people. Team has to improve and i think WE can..

13. BasketballReasons

So who would you rather have, a guy that is going to dive for every loose ball (Carl Landry) or a dude that has an attitude like he isn't even playing (your boy Budinger) ?

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I would rather have the player who is going to help me win games the most, and play smart team ball.

When and IF that becomes TWill then him, but for now CBud is the better NBA player.

He knows his game and plays within himself, on both O and D, TWill has the "I think I am better than I really am" itis.....

TWill is an athlete who plays basketball....Bud is a basketball player who is also an athlete.

DD

15. BasketballReasons

But your missing the point;

T-Will isn't destined to become another one of your soccer moms favorite blue-collar worker. He has the potential to become an alpha-dog.

You can play all the smart team ball that you want, but at the end of the day your going to need to have that guy that has to potential to take over the game and get the job done.

Thats where the line is driven between Budinger and T-Will, their respective ceilings don't ask them to do the same things.

16. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Respectfully, I think you should look a little closer. T-Will blew just about every pick and roll situation defensively, being completely unaware of the picks coming and having no idea of the proper technique to fight through said screens. I can't remember him contributing once in a help defense situation. He just looked lost out there on the defensive end. It was piss-poor frankly, especially from a guy fighting to have a role on this team.

Martin and Bud were pretty bad as well, but to those who feel that T-Will can be anything beyond a marginal improvement... I think that's just wishful thinking.

We saw T-Will in this position a lot last night...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

What does "Potential to be the Alpha dog" mean?

If you make too many mistakes, no one will follow you, I disagree that he can be the alpha dog, he is too needy of a personality.

Alpha dogs make people come to them, people need their attention, Terrence is all about "Please look at me" he is a needy personality, the opposite of an alpha dog personality.

DD

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Exactly, he was blown by repeatedly, he was way too tight on his man and going for every little fake...

He was horrible on D......horrible.

DD

19. jopatmc

Respectfully, Marcus Morris is the one out of position and you can read it in his expression. TWill was coming over the top of picks and battling to not give up the 3-balls. The other defender has to back off and give space. Morris knew it but it was too late.

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Respectfully you are wrong, Reddick blew by TWill who was guarding him on that play.....

DD