1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video: T-Mac's 8 minutes vs. Thunder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I loved him and Scola laughing when Ariza finally made a free throw.

Looks like he's working himself in well...

2. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

T Mac looked promising, and to be honest, it reminded me of what he brings to the table. The little things. For one, the velocity on his passes.

He can swing the ball from one side to another at such speeds it ensures the defense's shift is behind the ball rotation.

Depending on how he developes, i dont think the Rockets should trade him. And if hes willing to play for 2yrs cheap, resign him. That way we could get back-up center to add to our core.

3. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

I noticed the sharp, crisp passes to our shooters. Something about getting the ball right where you want it and shooting all in one motion.

4. echu888

echu888 Member

He reminds me of when Jordan came out of retirement ... he was noticable chunkier and slower. Basically transitioned from being a true perimeter player to more of a post-up turnaround jumpshooter.

Anyway, last night's game, Tracy took one of his patented long-2 from just inside the 3-point line, and it pissed me off. I hate when he does that.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I don't mind them if they are open, and it is a good shot, AND it goes in....

;)

DD

6. chosans

chosans Member

I liked the fronting D at 1:37. Can't remember the last time he fronted someone with that much intensity.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On it's own, he look ok and there's nothing special about his performance. However; when compared to his first 2 games back, it's a definitive improvement and that's very encouraging.

He seems a lot more comfortable in the offense and got a few assists - which is a great sign.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really expected this. The man knows he f'd up. He'll never say to the media, but when you've been burned across the league and in so many articles...on some level it sinks in. After a frustrating year last year and having to witness his team advance to the 2nd round without him - the bane of his career - that's a massive few slices of humble pie to take in.

The guy knew what he had to do - not just work with Tim Grover but the kind of team mate he had to become. Give him credit, he listened to his critics. And he wants to prove them wrong.

He's seems happy to just be back and part of the team. I really think he just wants to be happy and belong and doesn't want to be a superstar. I think on some level, he never really felt comfortable with it.

9. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

LOL. FYI, Tracy McGrady just came off of microfractive surgery and has logged less than 30 minutes in 4 games. Its a process.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

just needs more a month or two... T-mac can get his shots to finish with practice. I'm sure he sees where he needs to go and is watching tapes to see where he's weak.

11. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

Wow.

Really?

You think Tracy McGrady NEVER really wanted the mantle of "superstar" (at least here in Houston)?

McGrady has WANTED (at some level) to be a TEAM PLAYER, to be on a winning team, where he doesn't have to carry the brunt of the load, win or lose?

McGrady's played (or not played, depends on your point of view) with every intention of winning and being PART of a team, despite his own ego at times sending people on the outside a little bit different message?

Huh.

Imagine that. That it would take this type of injury that he would have to work back from, and everybody bearing witness to it....

...to finally decide it might not be a bad idea to cut the man some slack, at least....

So, I wonder if he's still a selfish loser with all the heart of an icecube in a lit fireplace.......

12. johnnyonthespot

The only thing I saw in this game that I didn't like was his inability to finish. That being said, I am sure he will get better at this over time. Anybody would look rusty after missing as much time as he has. And as far as the rest of his game goes, he looked really good in my opinion.

13. jae713

jae713 Member

It looks as if he is still trying to test that knee.

14. Castro

Castro Member

He does seem half a step slower in the vid, but its hard to tell with Mcgrady b/c even when healthy and primed, it was hard for me to tell when he was going all out, 100% like a Wade.

If he is slower, and he truly is a great player, he must adjust his game. Build more post moves. Don't rely so much on the jumpshot or beating a man off the dribble. I think we all have wanted T-Mac to drive it in more, but now i think its better if he switched to post play more like kobe has.

15. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

No he's not. He is not feeling pain in his knee anymore. The reason why he looks like this is because he had been out from basketball for so long that he is out of it. But it takes practices and more minutes for him to get back into rhythm.

If he was in pain, he wouldn't be playing right now and still trying to rehab his knee.