1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Scola must not have known he was in Utah

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 6, 2008.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm not blaming the series on officiating, but this was one of the funnier and overlooked calls from the series. Just cracks me up -- I love that we have the Internet now to put a spotlight on these things. Utah has been getting away with this nonsense for years and years.

Game 6 -- Rockets made the furious run to get within one with 29 seconds left in the first half. Scola had just stolen an offensive board off a free throw miss (of which the Rockets had plenty all series) with 36.9 seconds left, which quickly resulted in a Bobby Jackson three-point play opportunity.

Jackson missed the free throw to tie the game and Scola got good position again. Matt Harpring and Jarron Collins literally grab a hold of each of Scola's arms and pull him to the floor.

The foul was called on Scola.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k4-Jq2YTmM8"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k4-Jq2YTmM8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

2. mig0s

mig0s Member

That's maybe for his flopping...But at least this time he didn't argue with the refs, he just walked away. Still, that was a very bad call :mad:

3. tofu--

tofu-- Member

You're a lot better than a lot of us. :(

Just one of my bullcrap calls that we got. It may not have been series changing (except for Game 2), but they were all momentum killers. Makes me chuckle when I see how many more calls the Lakers get for the same crap that our own Rockets had to go through.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I can't believe my eyes sometimes. What will it take to stop this **** from happening again and again?

5. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

wow seriously wow....

6. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

I was livid when I watched that live. Scola and Landry got ****ed by the officials all series both in calls against them and calls they didn't get that should have been fouls.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

how the hell is one argentinan dude is gonna pull down a black athlete and a football player in harpring? it's absurd.

the refs did get better as the series along b/ matt said houston sent in tapes of them doing some stupid things. but still, in the first 5 games, we didn't get the calls we did in game 6. if we had the series would have been different.

8. rocketsfaninsa

that was possibly one of the worst calls in the history of the nba(bill walton impression).... but seriously whoever called that should go back to reffin' high school games! i would be embarrassed! but not as embarrassed as steve javie on that detroit 3 pointer call!!!!!!!

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695275684,00.html

10. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

LMAO. Almost as good as the Horry flop.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ukde193ivM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ukde193ivM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

11. dafranchise0309

^^Lmao @ the announcer I think it was JVG but not sure" HE DIDN'T THROW HIM, IF THERE IS ANY CONTACT ROBERT HORRY WILL FALL TO THE GROUND"

12. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

What? I thought the refs favored us.

13. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I am glad to hear Morey sent videos of the worst officiating I have seen in a decade. I thought when donaghy was gone, it would get better.. but he was really evening things out cause they are so horrible.

14. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

is that Coach Van Gundy who busted him first?

I truly love Van Gundy as a commentator.. :D

15. rocketsfaninsa

ok, THAT was the worst flop i have ever seen!!! what the hell, that makes me hate the nba and a lot of its' floppers...truly pathetic.

16. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

I feel sick after watching these vids.

17. piggy

piggy Member

This just brings back memories of a bloody Matt Maloney getting whistled for fouling John Stockton's hand with his face.

This is why you cannot play a close, grind it out game with the Jazz. You must destroy them so it's not even close. Shutdown defense, easy baskets and no mistakes or mental lapses.

We need to stay healthy so we can beat them by 20-25 points per game next year.

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

This was the play that defined the series with Utah for me, even more than the AK flop.

19. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

11 second mark clearly shows it's a lane violation

20. LoveRoxHateJazz

What's worse than officiating constantly going against the Rockets is Rockets fans trying to say Utah got screwed by the officials. There might be one call that could have gone either way in the entire series vs. the 50 or so calls/noncalls against the Rockets.

I suggest not watching the games on crack.

Ofcourse Utah fans are gonna complain and say crap like Stern wants this series to go at least six games and fail to recognize we are a better team with Alston starting.