1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Video] Same play? Lin brings ball up to call timeout, Westbrook lunges for a quick steal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2013.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

It was an aggressive move but not dirty. Maybe designed to irritate Westbrook more than anything.

No way Bev could have intentionally knocked knees since he would be risking his own injury.

Both starting PGs out. HOU fans think Perkins is a cheat and OKC fans think Bev is dirty.

Good thing the next two games are at home. But I do hope we have enforcers among our bigs.

2. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

blah, fixed

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The only reason this is a big deal is because the guy who got hurt is a superstar.

If this was Derrick Fisher instead even OKC fans wouldn't care.

4. MD_in_Training

New meme right here.

DYEB?

5. yunac010

yunac010 Member

This. Heck if Westbrook was the one who went for the steal and Bev ended up with the injury I don't think ESPN would even mention it.

6. jj3469

jj3469 Member

When mark Jackson was with us I remember him getting the steal and an easy 2

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Exact same situation without the injury. Thanks Clutch. That Beverley play was only dirty to OKC fans and Charles Barkeley.

8. Reach

Reach Member

Good find, Clutch. What Beverley did to Westbrook (going for the steal before the timeout) happens all the time. Absolutely nothing dirty about what he did.

9. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Lin faked a timeout against the Knicks before at MSG. The old Knicks were too slow to react and Lin had an easy layup. Bev was just being careful. We know how quick PGs like Lin and Westbrook can get to the basket in the snap of a finger. Nothing dirty at all. Reckless? Maybe.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and some Rox "fans" as well

11. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

You are all over the board about Bev's 'silly play.' You replied once, we get it! Beating the same drum all over only makes you look like you have an agenda.

THIS IS THE PLAYOFFS!!! No Rockets fan will want Bev plays any other way but aggressive.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

for hocash, 66% is perfect 100% is too much

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Same type of play, sorry that Westbrook got injured, but stuff happens.

I remember when the Rockets were beating the crap out of the Jazz and Barkley tore his elbow tendon and that cost us a good shot at the title that year.

So, don't feel sorry at all.

DD

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Can I be honest? Before the injury, I had no idea why they were making such a big deal out of this play. Even after the now known injury I'm still wondering why we are discussing this. It happens once pretty much every game. Sometimes there is more bluff for the ball than actual contact, but seriously why was this ever an issue?

And yes clutch, that is exactly the same intention as what Bev did.

I am sorry that Westbrook got hurt, but the whole thing was blown way out of proportion.. starting with the guys on the TNT broadcasting crew :)

15. Zfan

Zfan Member

This thread is classic. One video clip is more than a thousand words.

16. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Like I said in my post a couple nights ago not a dirty play. OKC plays dirty That Perkins hold, the IBaka ball smack, and that Westbrook tackle of Kobe video in this thread.
    His team May like his dick moves, and a lot follow his lead. Even the usually calm and cool Durant is getting lots of Techs this year.

Check out this video wheres Russel Westbrook goes out of his way to bump this ball boy at a Celtics game. This is his true nature.
    http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh95tO301tu63S6ZTk
    Karmas a Bish!!

17. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

westbrook is one of my most hated players.. and i dont wanna hear that he plays with a passion.. he is a punk and acts like a spoiled brat or one of those teenagers with a BAD/HORRIBLE attitude problem.. he cant take someone playing tough defense on him like beverly..

see:dragic 2011-2012 season

18. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

Nice find Clutch! Just a routine basketball play at the ball. Him getting injured is sad for OKC fans but not Rox fans. No one felt sorry for us when Yao and TMAC went down. Just part of the game.

Also there is no need for us to apologize to OKC fans when they are threatening Rox/Beverley on Twitter.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Incorrect. If it were Fisher, we'd all be laughing and wishing him good riddance... both fans.

20. Classic

Classic Member

Now that's funny. Those 'tards think the thunder were gonna beat the heat? Not a chance.