1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Royce White highlights vs. Tulsa 66ers (3/26/2013)

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Crabdribbles, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Granville

Granville Member

RW is continually doing stupid things in combination with drawing attention to those acts with no end in sight. That's why people are giving him grief.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

When he gets serious about the game then he will stop being a lardo on the court. Name one player shorter than 6'10 that's any good in the NBA who has a body fat percent above 10.

We'll know immediately when White begins to take his profession seriously.

3. basketballholic

On the court he's Larry Bird without the jump shot. Bigger frame, much stronger, but same floor vision as Bird and ability to dribble drive end to end and find guys. Not extremely fast or athletic but just a step above everybody he's playing against in the bball iq department with that great vision combined with great size and skill set. Like I said, he's Larry Bird in a wider, heavier frame without the jump shot.

All that being said, I wouldn't have played him 1 second. Not until he comes off his high horse and apologizes sincerely to the team down there. (Perhaps he did all that but I doubt it.) They're letting him slide by on that. They shouldn't but it is what it is.

And also on the negative side on-court. At the 1:12 minute mark he makes a pass to the corner to DJ Kennedy for the 3-ball and immediately skips down court before the shot is even released. That kinda symbolizes his attitude. You might call that mental health deficiency, I don't know. All I know is while he made a great play to get the ball to the wide open shooter in the corner, what he did afterward was a totally stupid selfish play. As if to say, "Well, I did my job this trip down, somebody else can rebound the miss, I'm going back to the other end." It was Javalesque in it's stupidity. And it perfectly encapsulates his attitude.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You have got to be kidding. Comparing a player, playing in D-league games against a vast majority of guys that will never sniff an NBA roster, to Larry Bird?

5. basketballholic

Does he have Larry Bird's floor vision, creativity, passing ability, and handle?

6. bobrek

No....

7. basketballholic

Ok. Describe the difference and what level of those skills Royce has compared to Larry.

8. Anxiety Trooper

The handles is the only one Royce has. Your an idiot if you believe otherwise. You do realize Bird is one of the 5 best players to ever play the game!

9. TISNF

TISNF Member

Ha I noticed that too. Haven't seen that before in a game...may be digging a little deep in there thinking it was a selfish decision by White, though I wouldn't put it past him.

Strange indeed, but at the same point (not that it makes it any better), no one's going to get a rebound under the basket from a missed three-pointer.

10. basketballholic

Ugh. Here we go with the name calling again.

So, you do admit Royce has a handle to rival Bird's.

Now, how about his court vision? Contrast his court vision to Bird's.

I am well aware of Larry Bird. I have probably watched 90% of the minutes Bird played in the NBA.

11. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

he looks more like a lamar odom if anybody to me, except not as tall without the perimeter shot even though he made a 3 in the video.

12. Cycl1

Cycl1 Member

Shoot long, rebound long.

13. bobrek

Until Royce White can play one minute in an NBA game and show his skills against NBA players rather than against a bunch of guys who will never even sit on the bench in the NBA, it is useless to try and compare ANY part of his game to Larry Bird - one of the absolute greatest players of all time.

14. jocar

jocar Member

I tried looking up his vert, but it just says N/A. Anyone know it? Did he skip the combine measurements?
    One thing I saw..he ranked #1 in
    Hand width
    #1 11.50 inches

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I wonder if the number is as low as you'd think. I think Kyrie Irving and James Harden both had body fat above 10% coming into the league - no idea what they're at now. I think Kevin Love is really around 6'9" - 6'10", isn't he? He's gotta be hovering around there.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cousins was semi fat coming into the league..... a guy with more upside

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Wouldn't be surprised if they become Shawn Marion type players

18. mig0s

mig0s Member

So Royce White plays PG? We can call him up to back up Lin lol

19. Nook

Nook Member

Charles Barkley comes to mind...Barron Davis...

I do agree with your point though, White doesn't care about basketball.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Royce White will become a Euro League legend.