1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Royce White highlights vs. Texas Legends (2/13/2013)

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Crabdribbles, Feb 14, 2013.

1. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Fmd the guy has not played in months.

Drafted around 18th.

The skills he has can not be taught

He has bbiq and vision

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

exactly.... your Terrence Jones

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

That was pretty bad. Get well soon Royce.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

For those of you arguing about fancy passes, remember that many said the same about Magic. Now I am not saying he is or will be anything close to Magic. What I am saying however, is that if it works, no one will be complaining about it. Passers also have certain rhythm and tendencies that require better team chemistry to really shine. Even a really good pass can look like a dumb one when the two sides aren't connecting.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Magic would not be Magic if he could not do other things besides passing.
    Many other things

6. AbrahamLincoln

Needs to lose some weight. Needs to develop a mid-range jumper. I think he will have a tough time backing opponents down in the NBA like he does in this game and like we saw in summer league.

I think his quickness could really help make him effective if he can develop a mid-range shot. The stutter step is a joke when teams realize he can't shoot so well. Dude can assist though. Can't help but imagine how effective he would be if the rockets had an effective low post scorer for him to feed. Seems like he has a long ways to go.

If I hope real hard maybe by the end of the D-League season he loses a 15-20lbs.

7. duteman

duteman Member

man he missed some assists due poor finishes, but he looks way out of nba shape. Hopefully he gets his conditioning up in 3-4 weeks and reconnects with the team where his passes will work

8. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Looks fat.

Trade him.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

What does he do well off the ball on offense?

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yup. The passes were good for the most part. He got them good shots, but they still have to hit them.

The thinking with this pick was that Royce has what you can't teach. Unselfishness, court vision, presence. Morey believes Royce's weaknesses can be improved with practice and/or learning better technique.

11. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

definitely a unique talent.
    i hope he keeps working and gets playing time.

12. monster

monster Member

Great court vision, but seems too concerned about m,asking the flashy play. Stop tring to dribble behind the back! Seems to lack any touch on his shots...just flat. His flab should drop as he gets more time on the court.

The thing that bothers mme the most is.....he doesn't seem at all interested in the game. Looks like he's just not into the game. Noticed him failing to hustle down the court unless he had the ball. I just don't think this is going to work out long term. Dude thinks he's a superstar already, and it perceive his attitude to be CrAP.

13. mig0s

mig0s Member

why is he playing point guard?