1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Royce White highlights vs. Idaho Stampede (3/13/2013)

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Crabdribbles, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Crabdribbles

Crabdribbles Contributing Member

Royce White puts up 19 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists vs. IDA:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A6WwQyVALjE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Read more of my analysis at Crabdribbles.

10 people like this.
  2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

thank you so much for posting this Crabdribbles! This really does give me hope that he's slowly rounding into form. The real work will come this offseason: can he stay in shape and improve his game? or next season: will he be satisfied waiting for his turn to play?

At any rate, the skill and gradual improvement vindicates some of us who were always extremely high on Royce's game and talent. Glad we are sticking with him; its been a tough road, and will continue to be, but these kind of performances remind us what the payoff could be as well.

3. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Nice upload. I love watching the vipers and seeing player development. Royce is such a mixed bag. Still so raw but you can see his top end is greatness. If the Rockets could just catching it for a moment.

4. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Thanks for posting these highlights. 'Rolls' Royce is a basketball savant. Can't wait til he suits up for the varsity team.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He needs to lose 20-30 pounds. His shots in the paint are going to swatted all over the place when he plays with the big boys.

6. jbasket

jbasket Member

Crabdribbles, I am sure I am speaking for a lot of people when I thank you for posting these highlight videos. Thank you very much! WE truly appreciate them!

7. thursdays

thursdays Member

The court vision is really impressive. I like his sneaky, pretend Im not paying attention game.

8. wapz

wapz Member

lol at those stares to the referees

9. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Thanks for the uploads! Watched a bit of the game, Royce could have had a couple more assists, but he either threw passes too hard or his teammates couldn't hold on to the ball. Not sure which was the main factor. But its as we all know, Royce has some great vision.

And his quick crossover really impressed me. I think the ball was bouncing below knee level every time. Sick. I'd really like to see him develop a 15-foot jumper, with that, he'd be able to do some serious damage.

10. Crabdribbles

Crabdribbles Contributing Member

Thanks for all the comments everyone! I'm glad that you are enjoying them and I will continue to make them for the rest of season. If anyone has requests for different players, let me know. Otherwise, I'll keep with the Royce White highlights.

11. CertifiedTroll

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

.....if he could only fly.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He still looks fat, slow, unathletic, lackadaisical, doesn't seem to have range or exceptional hops. The only positive aspect I have seen were his passes to the guy cutting to the basket.

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Where he was 6 games back and where he is now, step by step...

15. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Yea I agree. While I see the positives (great vision, passing, feel for the game) I just can't help wonder how he could come in and contribute for the Rockets.

He looks too slow to come in and play defense well, appears to need the ball in his hands a lot, and in sum doesn't really don't any one thing well at an NBA level.

At least for the other rookies, you can say Donny has great offensive skills and TRob has great energy and rebounding.

16. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

dude is strong, can box out and get rebounds, set picks, seems to have quick hands, we could use him at center if he works on his game... and he can run the break and dish some sick passes.

17. roksoer

roksoer Member

he would be great on D against stronger big guys that like to post up.He looks like he could be a good rebounder and is also a great outlet passer/fast break starter

18. alethios

alethios Member

Kind of a Hayes with baggage?

19. prs325

prs325 Member

Thanks for showing even his misses. Shows his shot selection. Much appreciated

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

This is where I see him. Setting picks as a center.
    Don't have to worry about center swaying shots. Just needs to roll hard to basket and make right pass when help comes or dunk it if it doesn't.