1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video] Rockets @ Sonics 03/08/05

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets2K, Mar 9, 2005.

Tags:
  1. dugtzu

dugtzu Contributing Member

only 5 seeders? come on guys, leave your torrents open!

edit : 15 seeders now, thanks everyone!

#21 dugtzu, Mar 9, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  2. moomoo

moomoo Member

If you have "enough" of the video, VLC media player lets you watch the parts of the video that you *have* downloaded, even while the rest of the file is in the middle of downloading via BitTorrent (At least the BT client I use, Azureus, allows this. Not sure about others.) So no, you don't necessarily have to have the complete video to watch it, just "enough" of the video and a good media player. Sometimes I can even get Media Player Classic to play partially downloaded videos (even while they are still downloading), but MPC doesn't seem to be as scrappy/tenacious as VLC when it comes to playing fragmented files.

So, how much is "enough"? I'm not sure. Sometimes around 20%, sometimes around 50%, sometimes more, sometimes less. It definitely varies, probably partially depending on whether the parts you have downloaded are in one solid continuous chunk (most likely will play) or they are broken up into disparate slivers (may not have as much success playing these). (Azureus lets you see exactly which portions of the file you've downloaded.)

Back to the topic: Thanks, R2K. :)

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Im showing 25 as of this point, and 134 peers in the swarm, of whihc I see at least 15 of those are over 75% done....sometimes when you first connect...it takes a few minutes to show the true numbers.

YoYo......bro...you know Im gonna hook ya up....;)

Im encoding the highlights now....have em online within the hour.

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

You're the man.

:cool:

5. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Member

It takes forever to download...why can't someone create a WMV file...that way it's not only short..but you can watch while it's downloading.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

cause I dont do windows crap video files.

if you want quality...you download this

if you dont care about quality....go find the rmv files that the chinese sites have....they are much smaller and dont look near as good.

I encode these game sto fit on a cd...could I make them smaller?? sure...easily....but then they wouldnt look very good...

beggars cant be choosers.

btw....if someone were to take the file and degrade it by converting it to a lesser quality format...I would be rather insulted....take that as you will..

7. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Alright *******, great job turning nothing into something. Not to mention pissing me off. Overanalyze much?

8. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Reptilexcq, do you ever do anything but b****? Why don't YOU do the video capture and make the wmv file, if you're so damn impatient.

And for your information since we're spreading this via Bit Torrent, we still couldn't easily view it as it's downloading. It's not the format of the video, but the format of the download that makes it hard. Now if somebody was to host it on a high-speed FTP or a direct link, then it would be fast and and file would be sent beginning to end. But that takes major, MAJOR BUCKS.

Maybe you could do that too, Mr. Non-Contributing Money Bags.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

THANKS so much 2K! Your highlights are the best!

#29 Uprising, Mar 10, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Wanted to make note that the original post has been edited....the highlights are online.

same deal as the game torrent....please remember to leve your client open and seeding once you are done downloading...

also....note to the interested parties...Ill get the 2nd half of the Mavs game done and linked sometime tomorrow...probably in the evening...gotta work.

11. nuggien

nuggien Contributing Member

just pointing out the fact you're a dick who doesn't know what he's talking about :rolleyes:

12. gbao

gbao Contributing Member

Thanks R2K!

I am using ABC to download the file. However, it always showed "connecting to peers" and the percentage always 0. Do I need to setup anything on my pc?

Many thanks!

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Only getting 4kb download and am uploading at 45kb.....WTF?

Why is this?

14. mike99

mike99 Member

Rockets2K

you are so nice, thx a lot

15. ayw

ayw Contributing Member

thanks r2k, you are a savior to poor out of town college kids with no access to games, plus i'd rather donate to the tip jar than pay for nba league pass or whatnot

16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Having the same problem. :(

17. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Try setting your BT client's upload speed about 10kb less than your max upload connection. I'm not sure of the technical reasons, but I do know that it helps.

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

it could be my router here at home i thought i had it configed to work with bt sufficiently but i am getting some really slow speeds on the highlights i know speeds do pick up after a while on bt but its been quite a long time and i havent been able to connect to the seed yet anyone know if there is something i need to change on my router for this?

i usually get the bts at my school lab where speeds are spectacular but i wont be back there till friday when i work

any ideas of how i can fix this?

thanks for the highlights r2k i plan to get the game when i am at work since its a large file + i can seed better there for others but wanted the highlights since espn does such a great job when it comes to covering sports

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

YoYo....the highlights are seeding from my home machine...it is gonna be slow until more peers get the file and start seeding....

nuggien....DT....lets not get the thread closed please...some folks use it to get questions answered...

20. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Thanks so much R2K.