1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Rick Adelman says he never got calls from Rockets owner

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 30, 2012.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

He's got graphs. :eek: According to the JCDenton rule, graphs pretty much settle any argument! ;)

1 person likes this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Member

It doesn't support your theory that other teams believe the Rockets players can be had for nothing. It actually undercuts that theory.

Here, I disagree. Say what you want about the rest of Morey's performance, on "smaller deals" the Rockets have generally done very well. Which, again, counters the notion that the Rockets will just give away their players for nothing.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

I can prove that we would have Pau Gasol, Kyle Lowry and very likely, Nene, If it wasn't for an unheard of sequence of events.

Do you think that team would have a mediocre record?

That deal alone puts him over the "average GM", in my opinion...

Let's not forget the hand he was dealt. Tracy & Yao would still be playing at a high level If things would have worked out differently. Morey has consistently kept the team above .500, after losing two top 10 players to injury... That is unbelievable...

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

If he had done it. That would be a playoff team. I dont like Stern in all of this the most. As he has caused the most damage to Morey in my arguments against Morey actually blame David Stern for most of it in this offseason.

It was totally unprofessional for him to get involved with that deal involving those teams for what the Rockets offered. David Stern created a split in Moreys timeline here that will be noted a good or bad when things are concluded on his tenure now. Many times those things end up as bad marks on careers unless Morey can pull together and get something out of this non deal later on this season. David Stern has put his mark on our franchise personally no matter what Morey does now. Bad or good its up to Morey.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Please, by all means I look forward to that.

DD