1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Rick Adelman says he never got calls from Rockets owner

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Nothing to see here.... just a couple of elderly old men arguing over who broke wind first. Rick is pissed he has to spend the winter in Minnesota and Les was pissed when he figured out half of the Rockets employees were relatives of Rick's.

1 person likes this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Les is still here. It could all be in the present and future, too.

3. RV6

RV6 Member

Crap, i heard wrong, DOD and CaseyH are correct..

DOD, i guess he's saying he never really had direct one-on-one communication with Les?

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

So what? Not satisfied with his new team? Rockets ended up better off. Thats how this thing works in sports. Produce playoffs and wins or they go somewhere else. Thats how it works in all sports. The guy heading out does not getting parting gifts all the time.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

6. Nook

Nook Member

Yup... while both Rudy T and JVG discussed Le$ wanting input from both of them...... something does not fit.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

You and Les exchange Christmas cards this year?

You know, I'm still waiting for that phone call he said made to me every year because I never got one. I don't know where that came from. Unless he was calling another Rick.(media laughs except for maybe Feigen)

(Feigen in a very serious tone haha)What phone call were you referring to?

Oh, I just saw where he said called..it was kind of just a joke...but he said he used to call me 3-4 times a year and...that just never happened. When you leave a place, there's reasons why you leave, there's reasons why you are not there. I chose not to accept the extension they offered me. I always thought the operation here was Daryl and Les talking and when I met with Les, it was Daryl, Les and I. That's how it was. I didn't think anything of it until I saw all this stuff about how I never listened to him. I'm not real smart but I'm going to listen to my boss. That just kinda turned me the wrong way. Everybody has a spin on something when something happens. It was a great place to work. I had a lot of fun. Hopefully we can re-create it in Minnesota with the same atmosphere.

#27 J.R., Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Honestly, the Rockets do not deserve Adelman . . . he was a d#mn good coach. I really do not see why they let him go, especially looking at the team now.

Maybe, he can work some of his magic, since he has a young squad with alot of real potential.

9. choujie

choujie Member

A "great" owner.

10. ThaShark316_28

So we're going to act like Les didn't basically force the last 3 Rocket coaches out the door? :D

11. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch was on spot. Man Rick deserved better from Les.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Let me cut to the chase, Les Alexander sucks.

DD

13. durvasa

durvasa Member

OK, makes sense now. He was annoyed that he never really met with Les 1-on-1.

14. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

Clutch posted something and if it doesn’t interest people, they don’t have to look. We can judge for ourselves if there’s something to see. Thank you for the interview Clutch, I personally found it interesting.

The Ruler pointed out Les' lies last season as well. Good for him.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

He no longer hates Les for his lies.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I love how the possibility of Adelman lying never crosses anyone's mind. Whatever, it is over... Both of them have issues...

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's basically what I thought he was saying, but then I thought maybe he just mis-spoke it. Oh well...

Now it's your turn, Les... fire back! Give me something worth following this season.

18. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Last year NOBODY predicted the Rockets would be over 500. let alone be anywhere near the playoffs. The fact we didnt make the postseason (especially w/o Yao) doesnt hold weight given the roster make up and countless injuries we suffered. Rick didnt the best job a coach could do given the 32 transactions in 2 two years and a 6'6 undersized center.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Well, it IS kinda his team, y'know.

20. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

All he's saying is that when it came to team operations whether it be personnel decisions or anything else, it was always between Les and Daryl, while Rick was left on the sidelines out of the loop. Only when Rick asked to meet with Les and Daryl was he brought to light on management decisions. His statement rings particularly true with all the rumors going on after the trade deadline last year when Shane was traded for Thabeet and how Adelman was supposedly very upset that not only did he lose a team captain, but that he was never informed or prepared enough of the move.