1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video: Range Rover runs over bikers.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by fchowd0311, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The massive burn for regular motorcyclists is, New York will never get a "splitting lanes" law now. Probably a good thing considering how many full r****ds live there. In California, splitting lanes is legal and it cuts down on traffic. Texas is ambiguous, but people have been ticketed.

2. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

CNN- Crappy National News

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The suspect who beat Lien has been identified as Reggie Chance. His attorney is negotiating his surrender with police.

Police are also hoping to identify the two witnesses shown in the still photos for their help in the investigation.

NYPD aren't charging Allen Edwards, the guy who beat on the backseat window, for his involvement. He was a good samaritan according to CNN. :rolleyes:

First public statement from the wife:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...statement-terrifying-ordeal-article-1.1475062

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The Chonicle is doing it too. Look at their headline this morning:

Wife defends driver who ran over mob of N.Y. bikers

If you just look at the headline (which is the only thing most readers do....), you assume some crazy person just ran over a bunch of innocent bikers for no reason whatsoever.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Mob typically isn't a term of endearment.

7. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

This is the type of aspiring rappers on this ride. Baby mama with a neck tattoo. Nice family.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/10/run_over_mass_biker_has_long_criminal_record

The Lawrence motor*cyclist struck and paralyzed as a desperate SUV driver tried to escape the rage of other bikers in New York on Sunday has a six-page criminal record that began at age 12 with a negligent driving charge and includes jail time for drugs, guns, resisting arrest and other convictions, according to court records.

Edwin Mieses, 32, never got a driver’s license in the Bay State, the Registry of Motor Vehicles said, but he was frequently nabbed behind the wheel, and even sentenced to jail for driving without a license, court records show. Mieses has a pending case out of Lawrence District Court for driving suspended, subsequent offense, said Carrie Kimball Monihan, spokeswoman for the Essex County District Attorney’s Office. Mieses also has 15 guilty findings for criminal offenses including distribution of cocaine, possession of a firearm without a permit, knowingly receiving stolen property, resisting arrest and several motor vehicle violations, court records show.

Mieses was sentenced to jail in 2004 for distribution of cocaine, in 2001 for operating without a license, in 2000 for possession of a firearm, and in 1999 for possession of mar1juana, receiving stolen property, destruction of property and attaching plates, according to court records.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Yeap. I wonder what ima_ is saying about 'mob' being in the headline. :confused: ... not "innocent" at all...

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

IMO, splitting lanes is dangerous and stupid. Freaks me out when I'm driving in SoCal.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

True, but he didn't really run over a mob. Just one person.

Yeah, it was a regular thing in SF last weekend. Being from Houston, it took some getting used to. But the bikers I saw doing it (a LOT of them) were going pretty slow and seemed to be being very careful. Add the fact that none of the car drivers seemed to mind and it probably actually helped the traffic.

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Let's just say that if it would have been me driving the SUV, things would have ended a lot worse for several more of those bikers. And likely for myself and my family as well.

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

lol dw guys just respawn or load last save

13. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

You realize the video was taken, edited, and posted by one of the bikers, right? He posted this video to try to "implicate" the driver on the internet, but totally backfired.

He edited out the bad parts of what the bikers did to the driver (i.e. beating, slashing face). So it seems extremely unlikely that he would edit out anything wrong the driver did.

14. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Is it wrong in doubting the intentions proposed by the paralyzed victim? Do we really believe he was going to help anyone or joining in the mob?

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Uh...what?

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hive mind here says no.

17. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

If all that is true it sounds like natural selection finally caught up with him.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Yeah it isn't dangerous or stupid. It is safer for the motorcycle because there is less chance of being rear ended by a driver on their phone. Obviously it helps greatly with traffic by creating new lanes.

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'm against it when it is abused. Not sure if it's illegal in Pennsylvania or not but I was driving down the road once, five miles over the speed limit, and some guy splits my lane to the right of me to pass me at about 70 mph. I was in a 40 mph zone. Had I known his intentions sooner, I'd have blocked him from splitting.

20. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Yeah, that's not dangerous at all...