1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Patrick Patterson's alleyoop, Chase Budinger's two-handed slam vs. Bobcats

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Patrick Patterson's alleyoop slam vs. Bobcats 3/16/2011
    <object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PrVNpn43de4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PrVNpn43de4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

Chase Budinger's two-handed jam vs. Charlotte 3/16/2011
    <object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uCnRQnXRufg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uCnRQnXRufg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

2 people like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

nice draft pick for sure.

3. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

rick adelman should be fired just for not starting pat when scola was injured that one game. pat exceeded my expectations because i thought he was gonnna be just an okay role player at best, especially when certain draft experts didn't say too much about his game.

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Who would have thought that a back seat kind of a player can be capable of that?:grin:

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

More than one game.

That in itself doesnt warrant a firing. I think the approach was to keep a productive bench and balanced TEAM, not to promote individuals. But Hill wasnt heard from for about 2 months then he decides to start him. That seemed like going with the cold hand instead of the productive one.

6. devilsdandruff

better than Carl Landry.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Not to be overlooked is Budinger's awareness on that pass. Almost Jason Kidd like how Budinger got the pass with his back turned to the play, but immediately turned to pass to the rim sensing Patterson was there

8. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I believe you're talking about Jordan Hill there...

-DD

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The only knock i have on Patterson is he doesn't try to take his man to the hole a lot. He is always looking to pass 1st.

10. foo82

foo82 Member

Hill has started a few times when Hayes was injured. I'm not sure why people are jumping the gun here in saying Adelman should be fired. Thing is, Adelman didnt want to rush Pat too fast into the starting line up because of multiple reasons. He works well with the second group and it could possibly effect his mentality with the "promotion". Even in the after game interview, he said that he had the "jitters" in his first start. Of course he quickly overcame that in the second start, but honestly, a lot of these decisions are hard to make.

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Hey, don't you mock my man Leeb. :grin:

12. worzel gummidge

I thought Hill was looking better in the last few games before he got the start.

13. ab43

ab43 Member

we're lucky we got this dude with the 14th pick

14. blackistan

blackistan Member

I've been saying all along he needs more pt esp ahead of jhill

15. Roxs-Redemption

Im glad with this draft pick...

Clutch, are you going to add the "Budinger Dunk"?

16. mario713

mario713 Rookie

yea there should be a team highlight vid from this game fo sure! thanks in advance ;)

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The biggest reason was the one Patterson showed us in the last game against Pheonix - Early foul trouble limited his production. As you say he admitted to having the jitters , or being overly excited and it affected his play considerably on both ends of the floor. It does seem he's beyond that now.

18. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Morey said we would replace Landry through the draft. Who would've thought PPat would actually pan out this quickly?

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I did. Pat came with the reputation of being NBA ready and wise beyond his years.

20. themacisback

themacisback Member

we should really trade scola while we can... i mean he is aging and it pretty much looks like we are rebuilding