1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video on D'Antoni's 7 Seconds or Less Plays w/ the Suns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tc0330, Jun 27, 2016.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The Rockets have been one of the highest paced teams in teh league since Harden got here, ranking anywhere from 1-4 in the entire league. Last year they ranked 4th, but posted their highest number of possessions/48 minutes in 36 years.

Your post is an embarrassment, to yourself, your unborn children, and their unborn children. Generations of realists137 descendants, should you ever have any, will cower in shame due to your unabashed stupidity. In fact they will probably be liquidated by the AI bots due to algorithms or something.

I hope it was worth it.

2. tc0330

tc0330 Member

First, I think the PG we need is Rondo honestly. After watching the dude's highlights, I feel like he's the only true passer in free agency that can fit D'Antoni's high-pace offense.

Second, in 2014-2015 Houston ranked #1 in 3 point attempts and #1 in 3 pointers made. In 2015-2016 Houston ranked #2 in 3 point attempts and #3 in 3 pointers made....

Third, you are correct defense does assist in winning championships and sadly that is our biggest flaw. However, it is NOT because "they are all too old"....we had 3 players at 30 years old (2 of those players are Dwight and Josh Smith), Jason Terry is 38, and the remaining players are all in their 20's....

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We're gonna need a 4 and 5 that can shoot from 6 feet

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

My post was accurate though, Harden a lot of times does not travel across halfcourt in 7 seconds or less.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Sure. I'd say probably 4-5 times a game, AKA only a minimal amount of possessions. I imagine the coaching change to MDA will only lessen that, no?

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It was not accurate. It is an embarrassment and a stain on society.

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

How many 8 second penalties did he receive since that is what your implying? Even in my upset state of the rockets season, I still managed to watch about 80-85% of the games and I don't remember getting one single 8second penalty all season long.

That's what your implying, unless your just not very good at construing your thoughts. I wonder if there is a stat that follows that penalty.

Anyways, you look and sound very unintelligent. We are all at a loss of time for having to read and respond to your nonsensical, clearly biased anti-harden agenda.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

People just say things, anything, with no regard for its accuracy.

Not sure why, and its dumb as ****, but it is what it is.

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You know, if he doesn't get across in 7 seconds but never receives an 8 second penalty, then my post implies that he tends to take between 7.0 and 7.9 seconds to travel across the halfcourt line.

You shouldn't accuse others of being unintelligent, when it's clear that you have some problem with decimal numbers.

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Well then, it is 7 seconds. 7.36 7.89 7.99 are all considered 7seconds because you would not be rounding up for any reason. And to do so would be fairly illogical.

Please find any type of evidence of him constantly taking between 7-7.99 seconds also if you could. I would be shocked if it was more then 3-4 times a game.

We get it you don't like harden. But jeez you people make reading this board unbearable.

At this point I'd almost rather have Lin back so it could be a constant lof vs loh battlw again, and we could go back to appreciate the superstar that we have.

11. JD88

JD88 Member

Dudes were +44 Lol

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Damn, they made nearly every shot in that video. :eek:

WE'RE NEVER GOING TO MISS ANY SHOTS THIS YEAR!!!!!
    <br>

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Interesting Steve Nash trivia: He hit over .400 of his 3-pt attempts 11 years in a row and 14 out of the 18 years he played, and he's also #9 on the career 3PT% list. Despite all that, he never once led the league in that stat. In fact, he's the only one of the top 10 in career 3PT% to play at least 10 years and never lead the league.
    <BR>

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JVG vs D'Antoni back in the day was an interesting battle of styles

15. choujie

choujie Member

Where is Steve Nash and where are shooters for 7 seconds or less?

16. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I really like the movement of bodies and screens being set. Looks like a lot of open shots come in these sets. We just have to get a couple of players that can handle the ball and are decent shooters and passers. Surround James (and the other max (or near max) players to be named later) with that in this offense and we should look much better next season. Go sign Barbosa this summer. Looked like he still has gas left in the tank off the bench. He would definitely help the guys learn the nuances of the offense.

17. Aydge

Aydge Member

The 7 seconds or less Suns ran the most beautiful offense I have ever seen. I've been a diehard Rockets fan since 1st grade, and that was the only time I ever cared about another team's success more than ours. IMO, it's just the right way to play basketball.

James Harden is an amazing player, he's not Steve Nash and no one else in the league is either. If he could be more like Nash, while keeping his special ability to draw contact and finish around the basket, that would absolutely be enough.

Nash had that pure point guard mental clock. He knew how to keep everyone on his team motivated. If he missed a teammate when they were open, even if they scored, he would let them know that he saw them and to do it again. The suns might not have been known for defense, but they always worked harder than their opponent. They never stopped running the break, setting good screens, taking hard dives to the basket, and they're poor defensive reputation was not from a lack of effort--it was from having a few individuals who were just bad at defense and also a misunderstanding of pace.

If Harden is going to take on the Nash role, he's got a long ways to go in regards to tempo, sharing the basketball, communicating with teammates, and just generally being in touch with his teammates emotions and taking on the responsibility of keeping them involved and motivated.

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

It's clear the answer is JLin.

Capela is our poor man's first round sweep version of Amare
    Marvin Williams is our poor man's first round sweep version of Marion
    Dudley is our QRich
    Harden is our Joe Johnson on steroids without the 3pt %
    JLin is our rich mans Steve Nash