1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Omer Asik goes point guard on David Lee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2013.

1. AFS

AFS Member

I wonder why we don't see him shoot more of those. The few times I've seen him attempt jumpers this season (I think I've counted three so far), he's knocked them down. If it's a part of his game, it seems odd that it wouldn't be utilized more.

His jumpshot isn't ugly by any means.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

NBA players never cease to amaze me with what they can do. I'm amazed at what they miss, but never at how much they have within their ability.

Touche' Mr. Omer, touche'.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

I tell you, this guy is not far behind Yao as to his value to the team. His numbers may not be Yao like, but his overall impact on games is very close. Really impressed with him. He will also go to war with other players, which was not Yao's strong suit.

4. SwellyExpress

SwellyExpress Member

We need a third string pg since TD is injured.. Omer just trying to help out the team :p

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If Asik can stay healthy, I consider him far more valuable than Yao. Yao is a great player, but what use is that when he is on the bench long periods at a time? While I have no doubt Yao would rather be out on the floor hustling, if Omer can prove his durability over time, I would much rather have Omer than Yao. Just MHO.

6. jbasket

jbasket Member

That is not true. Yao was the best C in the league, and he is somebody you can build a CHAMPIONSHIP roster around. He is the foundation, while Asik is just a piece. Any GM would choose to chance it with Yao than to have Asik's durability.

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Yao was the best C in the league WHEN HEALTHY. If he could stay HEALTHY after his first few years, then yes you could build a championship team around him. Now let me ask you this one simple question... how often was he HEALTHY? What use was it to have all that money perpetually stuck on the pine? Those 20/10 stats mean nothing if the player is out with injury constantly. If Omer proves durable, I would much rather go with consistent production than the long term production we got out of Yao.

8. myjohnlai

myjohnlai Member

Kelvin Sampson is a loser. He's sick with ISO and SOLO play.:mad:
    If it's an open shot, take it. The twin tower at its best.