1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] No Layups Game 3 breakdown---Ron Artest, Adelman, Yao and Phil Jackson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by raheel1560, May 9, 2009.

1. raheel1560

raheel1560 Member

Hey Everyone,

Here is the newest No Layups breaking down Game 3. Ron Artest talks about the flagrant foul, Adelman talks about the offense breaking down, Phil Jackson talks about how Yao got too many touches and Yao talks about his injury and how it felt after the game. Thanks for watching and please do comment...

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4557582&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=0&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=ff9933&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4557582&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=0&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=ff9933&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/4557582">No Layups: Game 3 Lakers</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user484766">Chance McClain</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p><p>Raheel Ramzanali and David Nuno of 1560 The game break down Game 3 between the Rockets and Lakers. Coach Adelman, Yao, Ron Artest and Phil Jackson make cameos to help the guys break it down. </p>

2. cujo

cujo Member

good episode as always

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Thanks for the video guys.. you guys do a great job as always.. I thought this game was really disappointing. We basically gave our chances away to win this series in 6... it's hard to see game 7 right now from today's viewpoint. Obviously, with a win on Sunday, all our minds will change to being more optimistic, go rockets!

4. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Great job as always guys! Getting off to a quick start is key for the Rockets on Sunday.

5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I disagree with your assessment that fronting was a problem for us in this game. Yao had plenty of shot attempts in this game- if Kobe had not made those two great defensive plays on Yao in the 3rd quarter he would have shot his customary percentage and had a 23-14 game, which is fine. Yao did a much better job of sealing the fronter and being active to get open in this game. Although he said he twisted his ankle in the 2nd quarter so that explains why he was so slow and ineffective in the 2nd half. I just hope he's healthy and Artest is not suspended for Game 4. That's the only way we'll win the series (and Lowry has to start over Brooks too).

6. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Member

Okay- You guys are great... But it ends there. You need a new camera man or a tripod... desperately. :eek:

7. raheel1560

raheel1560 Member

We just bought a new camera that is HD but yeah it still came out shaky...We will have it fixed for Sunday, I promise.

8. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Member

Haha nice. Thanks as always, Raheel.

9. raheel1560

raheel1560 Member

I forgot to give credit to our camera man...KJ shot it. Props for recreating the Blair Witch Project.

10. raheel1560

raheel1560 Member

I think you make a great point about the Kobe blocks and in general small guys slapping the ball out of Yao's hands. That was a big reason why Yao did not dominate tonight.

Because I could not sleep and I wanted to watch the game one more time, I stayed up and watched the replay (until 4am) and saw a few things regarding the front.

While Yao did have 14 shots, he should have had 5-7 more but the guys throwing the entry pass break the play at any signs of a front. Ron and Lowry are the first ones to drive and force the issue at the sign of a front. While this can be good at times it can also take yao out of the game.

There was a play in the 4th when Yao was being fronted and Lowry stayed with the play, yao got open for a second, lowry threw the entry and cut...result, lowry had a layup and finished. While the fronting was not focused on as much because Yao did get 14 shots, it still caused the offense to go away from Yao (most noticeably in the end of the 3rd) ...

I just hope the Rockets would stop breaking plays because they see a weak front from Gasol. As one person on the Rockets staff told me on Thursday, "Gasol plays flimsy defense and we can beat that if we execute."

1 person likes this.
  11. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

gasol isnt a shot blocker. in fact he doesnt even go for blocks, but he is quick enough to get deflect the pass.

12. Cbox

Cbox Member

Thanks to Sarah Jessica Parker? Did I miss something?

13. raheel1560

raheel1560 Member

haha I just put that to see who watches until the very end...Point Cbox for dedication.

14. rocketsmetalspd

Hey Raheel did you have good time with your Kobe love and him doing his thing to the Rockets. I hate Kobe. Rockets will win tomorrow.

15. rocketsmetalspd

David Nuno(exmaverick) it is not stealing a game if it is in your building. The Rockets are not going to steal the game tomorrow if they win it will a win. If we win in LA on Tuesday it will be a steal and it will happen book it.

16. raheel1560

raheel1560 Member

I see this was posted before the news...Why do bad things happen to good guys? Yao is the nicest person...bad breaks