1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[VIDEO] No Layups: Draft Edition with cameo from Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by raheel1560, Jun 26, 2009.

1. raheel1560

raheel1560 Member

Whazzzz Up (in bruno style)

Here is our latest No Layups on the Draft with a cameo from the legend himself, Daryl Morey.

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5339926&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=0&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=ff9933&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=5339926&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=0&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=ff9933&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/5339926">No Layups Draft Edition</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user484766">Chance McClain</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p><p>Raheel and Nuno break down the Rockets draft with Daryl Morey making a cameo</p>

We will also be posting up the press conference with Taylor and Budinger later on today

2. rocketsmetalspd

Nice job as usual guys. What time for the press conference? So many changes that can still happen, it looks Morey is not getting his 8hrs lately.

3. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Member
    Supporting Member

Good job guys.

I still think it's too early to judge what the Rockets are doing.

I still think there's a good chance something will happen during this summer.

All we need to do is look back to the Ron Artest deal last summer. Give Morey time.

4. dayao

dayao Member

Well done! in Morey we trust!

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Wait what? Did Morey just say that Von's explosiveness is Elite level in the league?

Where is that guy with my saying that in his sig....SmoothOperator was his name....I said Von's athleticism was elite.....funny how often Morey and I are thinking alike.

:D

DD

6. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

God damn, Les spent 6 million dollars.

7. chievous minniefield

Why was Miami Vice talking to the media in front of a Rockets backdrop?

8. csux

csux Rookie

6 Mil for three 2nd rounders?

Are you serious?

9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Member

exactly what i feel...we can't rate this draft just yet, but i'm optimistic...

and i sure hope we can keep the new guys and deal tracy, but definitely looking forward to the press conferences...

10. hokage5

hokage5 Member

It was Antonio Tarver in Rocky 6. Played Mason "The Line" Dixon. I remember b/c in his comeback fight he got destroyed.

Good work otherwise, I really am hoping Ricky Rubio will be a Rocket.

11. abrocketsfan

abrocketsfan Member

It's actually a half-fact; he has elite athleticism but has average control at full speed, so the end result is not what comes to mind when you think "elite athleticism"

Compare that to Payton or Nash who always had average athleticism but great control so they utilize their natural abilities better

12. Depressio

Depressio Member

Out of Les' pocket. It doesn't count against the cap. Why should you care at all? You should be thanking Les profusely.

13. akiracy

akiracy Member

explosiveness does not equal athleticism

14. Puff

Puff Member

damn your right... tarver...

15. worzel gummidge

They're desperate to fill the SG/SF positions. Might not be able to trade McGrady who could miss half of the season. Might not be able to re-sign Artest or Wafer, not wanting to go over LT.

Morey called it a "deep draft". Would it have been still be a weak draft if they came away with nothing?