1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Trading Sengun? Stop me if you've heard me talk about this one. We're talking #Rockets LIVE right now ...

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Video] No Layups 2.0: A Merry Kaman Christmas Ft. Rockets Power Dancers and Coach

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by raheel1560, Dec 23, 2009.

1. HookemHorns1250

Great as always guys!

However, there's one thing I disagree with. It irritates me a bit when people blame Tracy when the other players tend to stand around when he has the ball. Yes, Tracy can be a ball stopper, which won't fit with this offense. However, the other players that are out there tend to get lazy when he has the ball. Is that Tracy's fault? Not so much. No one forced the players to stand still. As Chuck learned, you cut, he'll find you.

I just think it's not always fair to blame Tracy when the other players stand around.

1 person likes this.
  2. Forever Fishing

Forever Fishing New Member

THIS!

1 person likes this.
  3. thino

thino Contributing Member

lol filming from the waist up. hahahahah that **** was too good.

4. VBG

VBG Member

How is Kaman ripping us in the first quarter T-Mac's fault?

5. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

uh... thats a little disgusting.

lol. classic

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Break out the Hell Bottoms. . er. . Bell Bottoms

Rocket River

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Why it happens is irrelevent
    it is happening .. and it is a problem

Evidently . . the players have LEARNED something different than Chuck
    and they applying what they learned

Rocket River

8. joesr

joesr Member

damn 3 back to backs

9. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

If you look at our team Shane and Chuck are really the only ones that have played with Tmac for an extended amount of time (more than 2 years) so chuck knows how to play with him, and shane just moves from corner to corner so the other guys arent used to playing with him.

Whatever the reason it is a problem this team plays better without him. But give I'll give it some time to see what is gonna happen.

10. Puff

Puff Member

Thanks all!

I appreciate the support. I want to clarify one thing, WE BOTH WERE VERY PROUD OF THE EFFORT BY TMAC.

What i was trying to say was, when he was in the game, the ball did not move as much. But tis could be a product of thinking you understand your role. For Aaron Brooks and the other young Rocket leaders, TMAC was probably their fave player growing up. So its a natural thing to not to second lead to him, even if he is not up to par.

When Im in studio with Richard Justice or Granato, or someone of that stature, I sit back and wait my turn. Im sure many of you do the same.

My point was the offense did not move the way we are use to, but damn, 10 points is nice. Adelman was even asked about it as you saw in the video, and he said it was just the way the game went.

As far as defensively, I don't think it was HIS fault. But in basketball and other sports you look at trends. Look TMac's sample size is too small to really analyze. Lets just be proud he took a step in the right direction, but also understand the current offense is more free flowing. He looked much better, and that is step one.

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

raheel... we need to talk about the facial hair... not a good look for you. :grin:

You want to be attractive for the chicks right? Take this chick's advice.. lose the 'stache! ;)

Good point about Andersen's rebounds. I have noticed him getting better defensively though. Which is something I was worried about.

Great show guys... though the video work on the Power Dancers was a bit of a fail and I didn't even care to see them!

12. Puff

Puff Member

cant argue with any of that... lol

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Of course you can't! ;)

Glad to have you guys back doing the video show. Haven't been able to catch the radio show too much... not typically at the computer when you are on. But keep up the good work.

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I think the trend here was that Chuck only played like 4 minutes in the first half. Kaman also figured out how to play against Chuck and be more effective which is why Chuck had a hard time defensively as well. I attribute the Clippers good start to Kaman and we all know Tracy cannot guard him.

As you said though, I did notice that players were not moving as much when Tracy had the ball in his hands. I am hoping there be more movement and hopefully that will come with time. Even so, I prefer the ball in T-mac's hands rather than Ariza.

Great job on this episode!

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Pretty good, should have gone slower on the pan shot of the Rocket power dancers, couldn't see their faces.

The stats were well thought out, especially the Tmac on D thing...even Adelman had commented that defense was his issue and why he was not playing, it still is.....

True about the team standing around and watching, it is one of the main reasons I want him traded.

Regarding David Andersen- he has happy feet, watch him on defense the guy is bouncing on his feet, he is not holding a strong position and it is hurting him....he needs to steady himself and he will be stronger.

Not worried so much about his rebounding, as he plays only 16 minutes....

Liked the episode, but...Raheel.....that **** brush has to go.

DD

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We should be worried about his rebounding. What if one our bigs goes out, then he would have to step up. Andersen needs to learn to stick his ass out and block out his man.

17. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

This is exactly what I wanted to say. If Rockets fans think Tmac hogs the ball and doesn't move the offense, think about how Dwade and Lebron always have the ball in their hands and how their teammates just stand there sometimes also. However that being said the Rockets motion offense has been effective this year but not always. Think about how many times the Rockets needed a go-to-guy at the end of the game? Like the game against the Blazers at Portland. Half court offense with a guy like Tmac looking to score or create for others is exactly what the Rockets need. As I read in a previous comment in another thread: The Rockets motion offense won't get them very far in the playoffs without some half court offense. If there is one point that McGrady made tonight, it's that he can still be the go-to-guy for the Rockets. Whether the Rockets organization decide that it should be him is the question.

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Is China Garden the little place next the the Toyota Center?

19. worzel gummidge

Seriously, you're comparing McGrady to those two? They're at a completely different level and with different levels of success.

20. worzel gummidge

I didn't want to bring it up because of the reaction from his supporters. It's also something I noticed. Those passes as nice as they look weren't coming out of the offense the Rockets have been turning heads with this season. It's back to McGrady stopping the ball and players waiting for him to do something. Keep the ball moving, keep everyone involved and in rhythm, keep the opponent guessing.