1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video] New Eminem rips Jessica, Romo, many others

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

YouTube version plays a little smoother: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DptkI0EY6ZY&fmt=18

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:368090" width="512" height="319" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashVars="configParams=type%3Dnormal%26id%3D1608645%26vid%3D368090%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A368090%26startUri=mgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A368090" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="."></embed><div style="margin:0;text-align:center;width:500px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><a href="http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/eminem/artist.jhtml" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Eminem</a> - <a href="http://www.mtv.com/music/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">New Music</a> - <a href="http://www.mtv.com/music/video/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">More Music Videos</a></div>

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20270555,00.html

Eminem Spares No Celeb in New Video

By Eileen Finan

Celebrities beware: Eminem is back and he's got more bite than ever.

In the first video from his upcoming album, Relapse, the rapper fires away mercilessly at celebrity culture, targeting a list of tabloid faves including Bret Michaels, Jessica Simpson, Sarah Palin, Kim Kardashian, Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan and Amy Winehouse.

A blond-wig wearing Eminem, in the guise of Rock of Love's Michaels, opens the "We Made You," video, which premiered on MTV Tuesday morning, and so begins a romp through pop culture that offers a portly Simpson look-a-like gyrating in Daisy Dukes; a Palin clone laying prone on a desk in a bustier as a polar bear and Eskimo dance nearby; and Kardashian meeting a Fargo-like fate in a wood chipper (which converts her to cash).

Ripping into his rap, he sings: "Back by popular demand/ Now pop a little Zantac/ Or antacid if you can/ You're ready to tackle any task that is at hand/ How does it feel? Is it fantastic, is it grand?"

"There's some celebrity bashing in it," Eminem admitted in a clip from the set, according to MTV News. "I wanna say it's not necessarily intentional bashing in it; it's not necessarily taking deliberate shots at people. ... Yes, it is. What the f--- am I talking about?"

The erstwhile Slim Shady plays a host of characters in the video (his first solo effort since 2003) including Simpson beau Tony Romo, Jailhouse Rock Elvis, a soulful John Mayer romancing Jennifer Aniston, a bare-chested lumberjack seducing Palin, Winehouse's estranged ex Blake Fielder-Civil, Dustin Hoffman's Rain Man character (with a Dr. Dre cameo in Tom Cruise's role) and, in a series of Star Trek-inspired clips, a Vulcan-death-grip-wielding Mr. Spock.

Relapse, Eminen's first studio album since 2004's Encore, is due out May 19.

#1 Faos, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

so his artistic integrity is wrapped in ripping up other people??? awesome. but i'm guessing, given his personal history, he wouldn't be thrilled with the tables turned on him.

hey, but who cares because someone will buy it right??

3. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Typical Eminem fluff single. Ill wait for the album to release before I judge.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

song sucks in my opinion but glad he has a keen eye for making fun the culture that is out there these days.

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

He's officially turned into Weird Al.

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

You are correct. Does anybody remember when Triumph tried to interview him and then he rejected him, actually like his entourage jumps in to say "NO!"? Pretty funny, especially Triumph's performance afterward.

7. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

He's a great rapper and he's had great songs, granted.

But shooting fish in a barrel (B list celebs at best) to gain attention is a cheap gimmick.

And it is funny how sensitive rappers get when the tables are turned. They're the most overly-sensitive group of artists IMHO.

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

And when Weird Al tries to be Weird Al, Eminem objects.

[rquoter]Regarding Jackson's protest, "Weird Al" Yankovic, who parodied the Eminem song "Lose Yourself" on a track titled "Couch Potato" on his 2003 album Poodle Hat, told the Chicago Sun-Times, "Last year, Eminem forced me to halt production on the video for my "Lose Yourself" parody because he somehow thought that it would be harmful to his image or career. So the irony of this situation with Michael is not lost on me."[34][/rquoter]

#8 v3.0, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Eminem is the classic "Dishes it out but can't take it" kind of guy.

But oh can he dish it out.

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Exactly, I didn't think of it that way but that is a perfect way to put it.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm no huge Eminem supporter or anything, but is this true, or just a "feel" people have? I've seen one reference to some kind of Triumph skit in this thread, but no real substantial evidence. I can't even imagine what it would be he "can't take" - for some reason, to me, he just seems like he wouldn't care one way or the other.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I will preface this by saying I enjoy Marshall's early work. I think "The Marshall Mathers LP" was an amazingly relevant work of counterculture.

That being said, he is notoriously a bad sport when others try to imitate him, i.e. the whole thing with Weird Al.

Also, during his beef with Ja Rule, I think at one point he got really upset about his daughter's name being mentioned on a diss track and went off the handle.

13. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

No doubt. This has happened with every single CD he's released, yet some people are still surprised by it. Or maybe they've just forgotten about his other "fluff" radio-friendly singles? I don't know, but I've heard a good handful of people say Em has fallen off because of the first singles off his new CD.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

fair enough...like i said, i don't pay attention to him that much. I was just wondering if it was a feel thing or an actual thing, since my impression only of the dude is that he just doesn't give a hoot.

more importantly, i think the single is nowhere near his old stuff in terms of quality...

15. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

I don't think the question is "can he take it?"... I think it's more like "does anybody REALLY want to mock him?" You probably can't find many celebrities out there that would be comfortable with their chances against Em.

Marshal Mathers LP is a top 5 Rap Album to me. Most likely his best work ever and it was during a time that was probably one of the darkest periods of his life.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

This is Eminem's style though. Making fun of pop culture or whatever. He's just doing what he does best. Its good to see him having fun again. I heard he was doing real bad after his friend Proof died.

Oh yeah, that's also the "Actress" from the hit "movie", Nalin' Palin. Lisa Ann is here name I believe. :cool:

17. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

It seems like alot of us missed the point of the song. He was mocking entertainers/celebrities that we all make fun of, yet they're still famous..."we're the ones who made you".

...and I think some people don't understand how rap beefs and diss records work. They're not just done in good fun. Em dishes it out but he isn't expected to "take it", it goes back and forth.

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Funny video but the song itself is atrocious. As many have already mentioned: typical Eminem lightning-rod-but-people-will-love-it type stuff.

I almost forgot about the whole Weird Al thing.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

VINTAGE Eminem

displaying the propensity to dress up all girly

20. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

He could have done so much better. It's kind of boring lyrically.