1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Video) Melo Workouts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-Town Melo, Jul 24, 2018.

1. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

So someone who studies something more than anything person doesn't have more credibility than a novice.

That's exactly how we got Trump for President.

The discussion isn't about the game as a whole, its about a specific players skillset. You can't tell me nothing about his game that I don't already know and I can refute anything that I see as a false media/fan created narrative.

Ask me about his weaknesses as a player and I'll tell you what they are. Same for his strengths, thats my expertise and I doesn't come from ESPN or Twitter.

You just dont know much about Melo, its all good.

mike2k132 likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

and when you're trying to apply it as if you're real life studying for a test is even dumber. expertise. stop it. im not sure how much more laughter i can take

3. ZootSuitMurphy

The thing Menlo can do for this offense is creates another pick and roll option. If harden/Cp3 man switch then harden and cp3 will destroy a bigger man on them all day. Same with Melo when a smaller guard is on him. Melo can post up or shoot over smaller guards all day. Making them work. We can't realistically play the level of defense as some other elite teams but we can wear them out with our offense and hopefully slow them down. Slowing down their offense helps our slower defense.

BoneYardDog and BigShasta like this.
  4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's good to see the realism here about Melo. Let's see how he adjusts to being the 5th most important player on a team.

BigggReddd likes this.
  5. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

It's valid tho but you're clearly showing me I'm right by turning everything into a slight or an insult. Enjoy the laughter.

clutchdabear likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

not necessarily. if your bball iq sucks, it sucks no matter if you watch 1000 melo games. you might want to read your own posts before being the hypocrite youre displaying. pretty ironic

7. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

He gave OKC more than what Ryan Anderson gave us... Rockets had too many one dimensional players.. good to see someone who can drive to the hole outside of Harden and CP3.

8. AB423

AB423 Member

Need to get Brandon Jennings ASAP

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He needs to take a few steps back like to the three point line.

10. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

It's true, he looked good in summer workouts I thought be hoodie Melo was a super version of him. I'm not rooting against him I hope he comes in and be Olympic Melo.
    Are you from his PR department you defend everything said about him

11. Progs

Progs Member

12. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

If this was Trevor Ariza, or Luc; the Clutchfans contingent would be jizzing on themselves.

Trevor Ariza isn't a tenth of the player Melo is, or was - yet, on Clutchfans he's a hall of famer.

H-Town Melo likes this.
  13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

basically any pro player is going to look good in this type of setting. but against nba team defenses in the middle of a physical game during a physical season, it's a lot lot different. he'll probably give us more than garbage ryno though

Fullcourt likes this.
  14. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I'm refuting false narratives there's a difference.

Remember a lot of training last off-season was preparing to be a Rocket. OKC didn't use him in that way so yeah of course he's not going to look as good as he should have.

I love the labels. PR department, MELOOF.

Tons of grade school tactics from grown men who can't just have a discussion.

34to11 likes this.
  15. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Fullcourt likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they sure are :rolleyes:

17. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Was there any negativity towards this last year?

BigggReddd likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Guys, just chill. Whether you like it or not, he's gonna sign here. Let's wait till we see him on the floor before we get out the pitchforks.

Fullcourt likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify

20. alethios

alethios Member

INB4 someone asks, "why are there no videos of Melo playing defense?"