1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Video) Melo Workouts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-Town Melo, Jul 24, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

as a player he's been very underwhelming for years. as ive said before, there's value there but that depends on the role that develops on this team. so it remains to be seen.

2. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

If y’all think calling me a MELOOF is going to bother me then you’re wrong.

Resorting to labeling or name calling shows me you simply have a negative bias towards Melo and no matter he does you won’t support him.

Guess we can leave it at that.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

you can say whatever you want. your posts speak for themselves whether you like it or not. its not about what any of us call you, its what you did to yourself

red5rocket, Reeko and B-Bob like this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You've said that before?

H-Town Melo likes this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Are you trying to talk to Carmelo here?

red5rocket, Reeko and B-Bob like this.
  6. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Because I’m a relatively positive person?

Sure I’ve done something wrong.

You basing how Melo played with Westbrook in the Thunders offense as to how it will translate to him playing with Harden/Paul in the Rockets offense says a lot.

His best two seasons, team wise, have been with Billups and Kidd running the show and he can’t succeed with Paul in a secondary scorer role on a team that won 65 games last year?

Gimme a break.

7. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Yeah maybe he’ll see it.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, we can leave it at: if it looks like a duck and talks like a duck, we call it a duck.
    All you do is put the most positive spin possible on Melo, which is fine, but you also attack his critics, even the mild and reasonable ones. You joined a year ago and established yourself as very pro-Melo. No problem. Why complain about people labeling you a MELOOF if that's how you post though? Wear it and move on to your next positive Melo post. Positive is good and I hope Melo is very positive for the Rockets.

darksoul35, Deckard, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

nvm first time. you got me....

10. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I’ve never attacked anyone.

houston19519 likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

it is what it is. take it however you want. doesn't change anything

people have posted legitimate questions and concerns but none of them apply like at all. that should tell you something but it doesn't

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Anyway, on topic: I'm not really seeing explosive, but he looks pain free and fluid in this video. Don't see any hesitation for his lateral movement and he has a couple of quick first steps. Largely below the rim but that's been his game for the last several years and makes sense at his age.

Hope he has a great summer while also keeping himself healthy.

JVL713 likes this.
  13. Boki4MvP

Boki4MvP Member

Let’s hope we get corn row melo

BigggReddd and JVL713 like this.
  14. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

When I say "more explosive" I'm saying I didn't see much at all last off-season. Like you said he's more fluid and there's less hesitation in his movement.

I think explosive is the wrong word but it's also being interpreted wrong when I use it.

15. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

And every legitimate question or concern has been met with things to mitigate said concerns.

Here's the thing if Morey, MDA, Melo, CP3, Harden, etc... all seem to be on the same page regarding the acquisition, why can't Clutchfans?

houston19519 likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. a lot of it is a bunch of hope and assumptions. not really valid there. maybe thats good enough for the MELOOFs but not so much others outside of that

and that use of reasoning is supposed to be the forgone solution to it all? absolutely not. has every player the rox picked up worked out. Nope.

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

This video might look semi impressive if it were the 80s or 90s. Some nice Mark Aguirre/Detlef Shrempf moves in there. In other words pretty worthless for today’s game. He needs to be working the 3pt racks 12 hours a day to be a difference maker on this team. If not he’s not an improvement over Ryno.

18. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Hope and assumptions?

Much like the it won't work crowd? They only use assumptions merely based off of (blank)

Even when concerns about how he'd fare vs GS came up, it was posted that outside of 1 game he had a positive net rating and his team played better than Ariza's did and yet it was swept under the rug because it didn't fit the narrative that was being pushed.

This MELOOF stuff is crap because our opinion holds more value due to watching him more, its the reason why I don't run around threads talking about what Capela is worth because I didn't watch enough to gauge a true opinion thats holds weight. I know Melo's strengths and weaknesses better than anyone on here.

houston19519 likes this.
  19. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Nah he aint coming here for that sorry. Wont be just standing around next year.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

i actually laugh when people use the "i watch him all the time" reasoning/approach. you could watch him single day for all i care. you still don't have any more credibility then the next person. probably one of the weakest ways to try and make yourself seem credible. if your bball iq sucks, it sucks no matter if you watch 1000 melo games. people who actually understand the game as whole don't ever bring stuff like that up. they let their posts speak for themselves and theres alot of them on this board.