1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Maurice Harkless Career High 25 Points/4 Blocks VS OKC Full Highlights (3/22/2013)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PrawnJ, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Why is being terrible for several years considered the OKC model?

2. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

the guy is playing like lebron....

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Because that's exactly what OKC did.....

They were terrible, then drafted Durant.

Next season they were terrible, and drafted Russell Westbrook.

Next season they were terrible, and drafted James Harden.

All 3 players turned into elite caliber players, and the next season, they made a huge jump in the standings and then eventually turned into a powerhouse team.

4. 713

713 Member

lmao where is the defense?

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

It's a standard way lots of teams rebuild.....

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

how could you be so harkless!

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not a WHOLE lot of teams get 3 top 5 picks in a row, but in theory, true.

8. blunto

blunto Member

I like Harkless, but I don't know how much burn he would get on this Rockets squad.

Where do you play him?

Defense: Yeah he's 6'8, but at 208 lbs he doesn't have enough sand in his pants to guard many PFs. Delfino has 22 lbs on him. You think Motiejunas gets bullied down low...

Offense: At either the three or the four, he doesn't really shoot the three. Maybe he's not really asked to in Orlando, but only about 21% of his FGAs are 3PAs. Not to mention he's making them at a 31% clip, Same problem with our current PFs.
    • Harkless TS%: 0.521
    • Motiejunas TS%: 0.547
    • Robinson TS%: 0.467
    I do like that he seems less turnover prone than our current PF rotation.

Rebounding: He's only slightly better on the glass than DMo, and Thomas Robinson scoops up both offensive and defensive boards at a significantly higher rate (12.4%/21.8%, OFF/DEF) than Harkless (7.4%/13.6%, OFF/DEF).

I think Harkless is a solid pick by Philly, if for any reason being because they knew how attractive he was to Hennigan. I mean, he looks like he has a good "motor," but I'm not seeing how exactly that is translating into winning basketball. Does anyone here have knowledge what Presti's preference between Lamb and Harkless was?

Maybe I just haven't watched enough of him to see recognize his defensive value. Either way, not convinced he would be more effective on this team than DMo or Robinson at the four (or Patterson earlier in the season), or Parsons or Delfino at the three. Nor am I convinced he has more upside than DMo or Robinson.

9. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

You should watch Vucevic play. He's a better rebounder now than Brook will ever be, 2 years younger, and Brooke is owed 45mil over the next 4 years whereas Nic is owed 8mil.

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Maybe harkless, tobias Harris and crew can be the bright future for magic fans

11. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

He's always been a potential. watched him since St Johns days cuz he played with D'Angelo (dulles, sugar land)

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Right now brook is worth the money. He isn't a great rebounder, but he can score and block some shots. He would get the max from pretty much every team.

13. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

I absolutely agree with you here. But I also think a team trying to rebuild is better served getting the younger, cheaper prospect. That way they keep the flexibility moving forward to add more pieces or absorb more salary in a dump + prospect deal.

Agree or Disagree - Phili got hosed in that deal? (Not even with the benefit of hindsight - I just think Bynum is overrated.)

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I wouldn't say "hosed" is the right word. It's not like they accepted a bad deal in the first place. If Bynum was able to play and do his thing, and the 76ers had a Big 2 of Bynum and Holliday, the deal looks great.

But I agree in the sense that the deal just ended up being horrible for them. Gave up a good (but overrated) player in Iguodala, and shipped out 2 players that are really looking like promising young players in Harkless and Vucevic, and basically got nothing in return.

But you gotta give them credit for risking it big time to avoid mediocrity. That's the type of deal most of Clutchfans was clamoring for prior to Harden...

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOLwut? This is still a BAD TRADE for them, DH was regarded as a top 3 player in his prime, and he was traded for Aaron Afflalo and 2 unknown players in Vucevic and Harkless. Sure those 3 guys (along with Harris) all turned out great but from a value perspective they theoretically should have gotten more for trading the consensus best center in the league in his prime.

Also, while the trade did give them good talent Orlando is still capped out, they didn't clear any salary in the trade. If you compare that to what we were rumored to be offering (3 picks this year, raptors pick next year, parsons+one ugly contract off their hands), they still took the worse deal. Remember their 3 first rounders are all lottery protected.