1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video] Long interview with JVG, Yao, TMac after 4/7 practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Apr 7, 2007.

1. yaominn

yaominn Member

something wrong ...

jvg had a long conversation with yao before the portland game. yao said tmac's health more important than hca before that. I think jvg not happy about tmac's performance in utha's game (who would be?), but yao was on tmac's side before jvg talked to him.

2. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

It appears the injuries are legit - but you are right - it appears JVG is not happy with his stars and taking them out for a bit to make a point. It will be intriguing to see how it plays out.

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

ummm...both?

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Legit?

JVG is questioning whether they are legit or just the regular season ahces and pains.

Their injuries are about as legit as the Iranian government.

DD

5. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

Yao had to stand up and talk to reporters, because it was too painful for him to sit. Why in the world would he go such length to fake an injury??? JVG himself even said that Yao never lightly just took himself out of a game before the Portland game.

BTW, why is Iranian government not legit?

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Just one time I would like to see Yao verbally spank his teammates on the court for not playing hard enough. I think if he did that, he could light a fire under them that would not go out.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

JVG is 100% right.

these guys need to understand how hard you have to play to have post-season success.

tmac also made a good point. which player on this team has ever had playoff success? mutombo, bonzi... that's it. those guys barely play.

i think this summer would be a good time to pick up some guys with championship experience. anthony johnson, antonio mcdyess, chucky atkins, james posey, mike james, bobby jackson, malik rose, grant hill.

8. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

Actually, he was standing because the reporters talked to him in the hallway as he was leaving.

9. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

In another interview in the lock room right after the training, he said it was painful when he sit down but not when he stood up or laid down and he gave the interview stoop up and it was painful for the reporters since they needed to look up and talk to him.

10. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Take a look in the mirror buddy!

11. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Honestly, I don't think there is anything wrong with resting our superstars here.

WE LOST THE HCA AFTER THE LOSS TO JAZZ, PERIOD!

After that loss, we have two more losses than Jazz, and 7 games left. In order to tie Jazz on record, we had to have Jazz lossing TWO more games than we do the rest of the way. BUT, since we lost the tie breaker that night, we actually had to had Jazz lossing THREE more games than we do! In 7 games? No chance!

Ok, some of you may bring up the game Jazz lost to Portland. Remember that game was AFTER our loss to warriors. They knew we had another loss so they opted not to play hard. Had we fought hard and won, they would have played hard and most likely won their game too. Their lead over us would still be insurmountable.

To me, the talk of HCA after the loss to Jazz is nothing but wishful thinking. If the end of regular season is the end of the season, fine hold on to that wishful thinking and hope for a miracle. But we DO have a playoff series in front of us! Why bring this negativity to the team by publicaly going against your superstars? I wish JVG could be practical for one day in his life.

12. canoner2002

when there is NOTHING left to fight for in the regular season, it IS time to take care of your regular season aches and pains and get ready for the playoff. Besides, I really doubt Yao would take himself out for regular season aches and pains.

What makes you think Iranian government is not legit? Because it was elected by Iranians, not Americans? It is this sort of arrogance that the rest of the world hates.

13. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

^

The Sonics beat the Jazz last night.

If the Jazz lose one more game than the Rockets from now until the last game of the season (when they play them again), the Rockets will have home court.

14. Angioplasty

Angioplasty Member

Am I supposed to be impressed by this? Why don't you get a real job and actually contribute something to society before you open your mouth? While you were wasting time making a highlight video, some of us actually had more important things to do with our lives. Good grief, you're pathetic.

15. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Wow I hope you're just joking. If not, this is totally uncalled for.

Get over yourself.

16. canoner2002

So we still have to get 2 more wins than Jazz. Odd is still in favor of Jazz.

On the other hand, If EITHER Yao or Tmac is bothered with back injuries in the first round, HCA won't save us! I'd take well rested Tmac and Yao, over HCA, especially after that loss to Jazz.

17. canoner2002

Where is this coming from? You think watching NBA games, or TV in general, contribute more to society? Everyone does things for fun. Don't be judgemental.

18. Angioplasty

Angioplasty Member

I don't think it's uncalled for in this slightest. Am I really supposed by someone who spends a significant amount of time making a video? I don't think so. As I have already said, there are more important things one can do with his time.

19. jVgOwnsYou

Well that's how YOU feel.. It's very arrogant to criticize someone else's way of life.

20. jVgOwnsYou

especially considering he's not harming you or anyone else for that matter.