1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video] Long interview with JVG, Yao, TMac after 4/7 practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Apr 7, 2007.

1. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

^ does bonzi look like he has lost a little bit of weight... i didnt see last nights game but, that pic makes him look a bit skinnier.... maybe he put down the donuts for lent

2. marciagong

marciagong Member

OMG, what is VSPAN doing in that photo?

3. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

He may also take a shot at Yao's comments yesterday that" TMac's health is more important than HCA"...

4. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

On his knees begging for more play minutes and not to be left out in the playoff roster (JOKING)........ :D

5. marciagong

marciagong Member

Really :eek: when did he say that?

6. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

well, it is.

as we saw w/ that game v. utah, w/ an average mcgrady, we can't beat utah even on our homecourt.

so health is more important than homecourt. it ain't like the toyota center is a place other teams fear. we were 1-2 at the TC 2 yrs ago in the playoffs.

7. Angioplasty

Angioplasty Member

I think you're the one who's the certifiable dumbass here. You obviouslly didn't pay close enough attention to what he said in the interview. McGrady said that he is more concerned with what his own team is doing- which is exactly what he should be focusing on. The Rockets have no control over what Utah does until they play them again, and so there's no point in obsessing over them.

Your constant whining and complaining is getting old. Do the rest of us a favor and find somewhere else to spend your time. I for one don't have the patience to put up with your stupidity, and I suspect I'm not the only who feels that way. At least two other people in this thread alone have criticized you for your inability to comprehend straightforward statements by McGrady about the playoff situation of this team.

What is it about Tracy's comments that you have difficulty with? Or is it more an issue of your blind hatred towards anything related to the current Rockets team? For as long as I've been here, I can't remember you making even one positive comment about this team. Your posts have consisted of endless whining and mindless nonsense, the likes of which is rivaled only by the ramblings of another poster whom I won't mention by name.

In the future, you would be wise to think before you post, rather than spewing out the first thoughts that form in your mind- assuming of course that you have any neural activity at all.

8. pli777

pli777 Member

Very good interview, JVG is absolutely right.

9. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Blah, Blah, Blah. JVG is just boring with all his motivation stuff. If he wants to win in the playoffs do something innovative on the floor like Nellie did when he played us, shutting down Yao and shuttling in Biedrins and Harrington was an inspired game plan.

How about telling Rafer to pass first and not take 12-15 shots a game. How about a lineup of Tracy at the point along with Bonz, Battier and Head to get some more offense when needed. JVG was outcoached by Nellie and by Avery in the 2005 playoffs, he better come up with a tangible game plan so Sloan doesn't outcoach him this time around.

10. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

11. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

Exactly

12. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

That's an interesting take on things, but I must say I resent most of it.

You're right though about the blind hatred for this Rockets team, and it shows that you do indeed know a lot about me. In fact, I hate them so much that I've been slaving over my computer for roughly 60 hours the past two weeks making a highlight video for this season. I hate them so much I can hardly stand to look at the computer screen while I work. Honestly the only reason I'm doing this is because I've sprinkled subliminal hate messages throughout the video. I'm hoping it will drive others to join me in my loathing of everything Rockets. With any luck I can cause the complete downfall of the entire organization by next season. That's always been my dream.

By the way, I bought an extra ticket from Dave2000 to the first home Rockets playoff game. I'll give it to you for free and all you have to do is sit next to me and tell me all this stuff in person. :D

13. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Don't take that out of context......as I don't think he was singling out to say a healthy TMAC is more important than home court advantage.

He was receiving interview from media right after the defeat to the Golden States Warriors.

http://sports.sohu.com/20070407/n249262894.shtml

He said he is worried about the attitude, the lack of intensity and fighting spirit of the team. He said those have become sort of bad habits for the Rockets, and if they did not correct and improve on this, they will become the biggest hurdles hindering the Rockets' further advances in the playoff. He said the Rockets should still strive to win as many games as possible to gain the home court advantage, just like what the team displayed in those away wins in Los Angeles. He said home court advantage is important, but it does not mean that losing home court advantage would be the end of the world, as the Rockets are not afraid to win playing away.

When told that TMAC had to take good rest to prepare for the playoff and asked if compared with home court advantage, which is more important, a healthy Tracy McGrady or home court advantage, his response was: Healthy team mates.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Heck, I would take you up on that offer !!

You lousy Rocket hater you !!

;)

DD

15. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Tracy and VG having their first tiff?

16. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Dang, dude, I'll pay for the ticket and tell you all those things. I'll even spill my beer on you. But it ends there. I'm not going to tie you up and spank you, even for free playoff tickets...at least not until after the first round.

17. 2rings

2rings Member

Yeah, killer instinct like being up 2-0 on the road in Dallas and not being able to seal the deal??? This has been a problem for several years with the Rox.

18. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

Wake up, Rockets!

19. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

How about getting bad calls in key moments against a damn good Dallas team.

20. 2rings

2rings Member

Ummm, they lost game 7 by 40 points which is the ultimate "killer instinct" game. I am a Roz fanatic and the 04-05 team was one of my all-time favs, but it is hard to say they didn't choke with a straight face. Even if you don't think they choked, you'd be nuts if you claimed the had a true "killer instinct" the way the series unfolded.