1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video] Long interview with JVG, Yao, TMac after 4/7 practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Apr 7, 2007.

1. dfwrox

dfwrox Contributing Member

Yet yesterday, JVG said just the opposite of Yao -- Yao will not easily take himself out of a game!!

So which one is the truth?

2. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

jvg is on the point with his shiet, just seems like there's no FIRE N BRIMSTONE YEEHAW!
    or whatever the motivation they need is called

3. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

if we had bob sura there would be no question of lack of motivation

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

jvg says it like it is...

theres no way anyone can make excuses for losing the last two games, with or with out our superstars... blaming the coach is irrelavant as well...

5. rocketsmetalspd

What in the world is going on here? T-Mac and Yao faking an injury, not going all out. I can't believe what has transpired according to JVG the last 3 games. It must be a headache to get a professional team going now a days. I wish some of our ex-Champions could get in there and give this team a talking to. I hope this gets the team going in the right direction or T-Mac and Yao need to call a player meeting to get this Sh$$ straighten out asap.

6. FFz

FFz Member

so wtf? jvg wants them to play better and hungrier but he held t-mac out when t-mac wanted to play?

7. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

It sounds like to me JVG is wearing thin on players. Players dont respond to his leturing anymore. Just make u wonder if T-Mac was really hurt or got benched? And Yao took a day off to support his brother T-Mac?

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Sure sounds like he is making a point to TMac.....

You said you were hurt Tracy, I need to see you at practice before you get to play again.

Good for JVG.

DD

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The 8-1 stretch from the Boston blowout to the Detroit win was beautiful, even though the Detroit win was very shakey. From the Hornets game forward, I haven't liked the team's "body language". The Milwaukee win wasn't impressive no matter what anyone says and the two wins in LA were harder than they should have been. It took Utah to burst the bubble and make everyone realize the team has a problem.

I think JVG is trying to be an irritant, to be provocative. It's obvious to me our players aren't in the right frame of mind. It's like he's daring the players to disprove his comments. Some of his statements were unmistakable jabs at Tracy and Yao and I think JVG is trying to rile them (mainly Tracy) up. It could backfire on him, but just coasting and smiling the last 6 games is NOT the way to go.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

JVG is right, but this is what causes coaches to have a shelf life.

:D

DD

11. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I don't see where he is calling out TMac or Yao for faking injuries like some have suggested. When has Yao faked an injury? Never ... He has always played when not 100%. Just look at his history. If he couldn't go in the Portland game, he couldn't go. JVG knows this and said as much in the Portland pre-game interview. Yao doesn't take himself out for the heck of it.

TMAC, I think they were just being careful with him because of his back history.

He's mostly calling out the team sans Yao and TMAC in my opinion. The supporting cast have come out into games with little or no intensity in the last three games and in particular against GS and Portland they were using not having Yao and/or TMac in the lineup as an excuse.

12. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

JVG's days with the Rockets are numbered!

13. yaominn

yaominn Member

jvg HAD to talk about the two stars if you watched the video.

14. jordan_123

jordan_123 Member

i agree i don't see it either

15. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

how your comprhenesion is poor. what tracy said is he doesn't care what utah is doing, he cares what HIS team is doing. and we're not doing well.

and that's true. if u handle YOUR business, then u should be fine. u shouldn't care about the other team losing or winning.

get it?

16. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady showed up in the last team practice before the team left for Sacramento.

http://sports.sohu.com/20070408/n249278547.shtml

Both TMAC and Yao Ming did not do much in the team practice. TMAC just had some discussion with the team on the game plan/strategies, while Big Yao just did some stretching exercises to relax his muscles.

Big Yao said he is feeling much better about his back/waist after a full day's rest. He said he will strive to return to play in Sacramento.

He lamented about the team's recent losses on home court, and said what's important is not skills or game plan/strategies. It is about attitude, which is lacking in the team.

He also said his thinking about whether it is more important to be healthy than playing the remaining 6 games of the season had also changed. "If you asked me that question yesterday, I'll say health is more important, because I was really feeling painful on my back yesterday. But I'm feeling much better now. I now worry if I continue to skip playing, I'll lose my feeling and condition about playing. I'll strive to return to play as soon as possible."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. ekim

ekim Member

Great interview. I hope Tmac and Yao watch this.

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

He might not be calling Tracy and Yao out for faking injuries, but he is calling them out for lacking the determination to win, and he pretty directly indicates T-Mac in relation to not getting the importance of home court advantage.

The T-Mac interview was more revelatory to me. He truly did not seem to appreciate the importance of the race with Utah. He said he wants to win the remaining games because he doesn't like to lose, not mentioning the playoffs; he said he wants to play minutes because he wants to stay sharp, not mentioning winning for the playoffs. His comment about not getting home court advantage is just baffling. Van Gundy did say near the beginning that percentages [home court winning percentages, I guess] don't signify to players, so I guess he did try to present the percentages to them. How can T-Mac not fathom what almost everyone seems to get about home court?

T-Mac's comments on home court doesn't say much about his appreciation for the crowd during a game. Doesn't he see any special feature of the Toyota Center (the fans)?

19. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

and he's def. taking a stab at tracy - esp. where he's saying how our guys never advanced past the first round of the playoffs. tracy is the only that has been at that the most.

i really think JVG is wearing thin on his players. but this is def. motivation for tmac.

20. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

The other Rockets at the team practice.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]