1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video] Lewis Lloyd Mix

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 26, 2013.

1. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

lew Lloyd was good until he got mixed up with John Lucas. same goes for Mitchell wiggins

2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Sorry, but Lew and Mitch already had their habit before they were with John... Can't blame Lucas for this one...

T_Man

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One thing about looking at old film, it's crazy how much faster the game is today then it was back then.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sweet Lew! I just always remember he had huge strides when he'd take his 2 1/2 steps after the dribble. He could cover so much court. Great player.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Is this true? If this indeed what happened, it is truely disgusting as Riley would have essentially decimated a rival of substantial talent in Wiggins and Lloyd.

Unless you have wrongfully taken the life of another, everybody deseves a second chance in life.

6. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

Obligatory post from Grantland.

The Best Greatest Team That Never Was
    Dunks, drugs, and disappointment: an oral history of the 1980s Houston Rockets
    By Jonathan Abrams on November 8, 2012

7. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

Well to be fair, Riley didn't make them into dophines. They were already there. I'm not sure of all they details, but they both came back a few years later. I can't remember what season it was but neither one stayed very long. They just didn't have it anymore I guess.

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I remember Wiggins coming back and being a shadow of his old self. The prolonged layoff really hurt his conditioning.

I get what you said about both Lloyd and Wiggins and to a certain extent I agree: sleep with dogs, get up with fleas but Riley definitely had an ulterior motive in having both of these Rockets players banned (after having their arses kicked by us in the 1986 Western conference finals).

9. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

we can infer that but they all for suspended at the same time.