1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video]Lady Gaga & Beyonce - Telephone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by eveluvsrox, Mar 11, 2010.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Hollywood special effects.

2. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Female. Crack kills.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Her talents do get acknowledged, true. I was intending to do a 'back then vs now" generational contrast really. By "credit" meant the SCALE of reverence that artists used to get that they dont anymore. Back then you had not just pop megastars but pop idols, music ICONS. Michael Jackson, Prince, Madonna, the "Big 3". We allowed artists to be larger than life, which of course means crediting them.

Now we want to reign them in. I'm saying even if she WAS all that, these days people dont freely hand out the ADULATION. Just how it is. Anyways...Lady Gaga must be doing something, cuz who even talks about VIDEOS anymore? On morning news shows they're even talking about this thing.

I've said she's techno artist/Madonna-like conceptually, Cindi Lauper musically. Like a tolerable Grace Jones. Whats gone against Lady Gaga is (lets be honest) she's incorporated in some "urban" musical traits into her act. Once any trace of hip hop was in her song, discredit was sure to follow.

As I'm thinking of it, the infamous 2009 MTV VMAs where Taylor Swift won the award over Beyonce who "had one of the best videos of all time"...(Kanye was wrong, Janet Jackson could have done Beyonce's video in less than an hour). But his thinking actually kinda matches what I'm getting at - that people tend credit the more subtle songwriting guitar playing artists over the "gimmicky" r&B & rap who are "prop-only" performers.

4. droxford

droxford Member

whaaaaa???????

5. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I guess he's right. I have no idea what I saw when she got on that bike though. Similar to the video just now.

I will pay close attention to the first 15 seconds of the video and agree. I am stupid...for watching this.

6. Hmm

Hmm Member

not as absurd a claim as when someone here compared the "Black-eyed Peas" overly commercial turn to Michael Jackson's Thriller... but, close enough...

7. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part but I feel Gaga (whether I like her music or not) actually has talent and Madonna has zero talent. She can't sing, can't dance, can't act, can't play any instrument or produce.

8. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

Although I don't like most of Lady Gaga's costumes and the way she intentionally nasalizes her words, I appreciate the fact that she can actually play music. Her voice isn't anything special, but lots of her songs are catchy.

By the way, how does this video have anything to do with the lyrics of the song? :confused:

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I agree. I think Gaga will be bigger than Madonna in the end. I was in west LA a while back, and they were having a Lady Gaga look-a-like contest at this nightclub. I mean you have to be a huge star for something like that to even be occurring.

10. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Hell I haven't seen the video but that description makes it sound awesome. :p

11. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Or at least appeal to the cross-dressing community.

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

and you dont think they were doing that with madonna back in the mid 80s?

hint: they were

dont get me wrong, I dont like any of this stuff(madonna\gaga\beyonce\none of it) but dont pretend like she is doing stuff that hasn't already been done.

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I was just saying she is the new Madonna. I'm pretty sure most 18 year olds today (who were born in the 90's) aren't even familiar with Madonna.

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

What the hell was that?

Stupid video
    Stupid song
    Ugly chick (not Beyonce of course)

15. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Beyonce sold out.

16. dback816

dback816 Member

Or maybe that's just nostalgia talking.

Maybe.

It's kind inevitable that the people will always hold those who came first in a special place in their minds though.

17. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

But yeah guess what? Things might have already been done in the 80s or 90s or in Europe doesn't mean a thing when these younger generation wasn't around for it. What some of us oldies might considered all been seen/done/be there done that and ect...but we are talking about the younger audiences who are witnessing something which might be new to them but not for us.

18. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Contributing Member

It's not my favorite video of Lady Gaga and I am a big Lady Gaga fan. I love the song though. Top female performer of 2009 and doing great so far this year.

Stupid internet rumors and people who take them serious are hilarious.

[​IMG]

#78 Boomhauer, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  19. Hmm

Hmm Member

it's called ignorance.. fame/recognition by the public achieved by these means in the musical world, especially, are usually quickly forgotten.. they fade away.. as inevitably their fanbase grows up/gets educated to what came before, starts to realize what true creativity and innovation and artistry is.. and what was briefly fascinating for being "new" is now just one of several pop trends that came and went.. whose schtick was fun for a while but is no longer appealing..

the great ones are great because their music and musical achievement transcend their era, race, genre... and you have people of all races and ages going to Paul McCartney concerts, Michael Jackson concerts (before he passed away) auidences going as wild for them as when they were "new"... remembering Elvis and adoring the Beatles music almost as much as the fans that were actually their when they were in their prime..

the big three aside, even teenagers once exposed to older music, particularly in the rock genre, steadily if not quickly re-evaluate their so-called "tastes" and awaken to the value of that which came before.. and start to notice the disparity in quality.. even if they continue to enjoy the contempary music they liked before, almost always, upon realizing this, bow to the past as the better music..

20. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

You haven't been looking. The woMAN has always been hideous. sHE looks like a drag queen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]