1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Kyle Lowry - 17 points vs Knicks (10.19.12)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Oct 19, 2012.

1. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

2. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

So you're acknowledging we downgraded from Lowry to Lin lol. Im not sure how overpaying mediocre point guards will accelerate the rebuilding process

We gave up Battier for essentially nothing because thats exactly what Thabeet's production level is. Battier's no superstar but he's worth more than a Thabeet anyday.

3. pnr

pnr Member

So if Chris Paul had stayed in New Orleans, do you think they would be far along in the rebuilding process?

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That was last year on barriers contract. He was gone whether you trade him or not.

1 person likes this.
  5. VanityHalfBlack

We could've had Rudy Gay:confused:

DAMN YOU, BATTIER, DAMN YOU!!!!

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You're cherry picking facts. Did you not see the part where we got a draft pick for Lowry?

Cherry picking facts again. Battier was an expiring, we traded him for a draft pick which was eventually included along in a trade to get us D-Mo (If I remember correctly).

If you aren't going to bother to look up what the trade even involves, I don't know why you bother to comment on the wins/losses of it.

7. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Raptors will be the sleeper team in the AC to me. Lowry starting and guys don't like Calderon but the dude is a knock down shooter, coming off the bench and even some minutes at the 2 with him and Lowry on the floor together along with a traditional C in Valecunias instead of Bags moving him to backup C and the stretch 4. I like that squad, they will be fun to watch. Hell even their 3d string PG Lucas3 can shoot the 3.

8. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

I'm really glad you're a 4-post new member, because the astonishing lack of basketball or personnel knowledge you're displaying would make me ashamed to be a member of this site if you were an established poster.

Either that or you're doing a commendable job of trolling.

9. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Felton sux on D lol

10. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

No facts to cherry pick, just opinions. The poster you were responding to was one of many Rocket fans disappointed with the lack of direction from management (especially letting Lowry go). You said keeping Lowry meant being mediocre implying we're worse off
    without him which points to a downgraded roster

Well, while alot of you guys on here tend to prematurely overhype certain guys I dont buy into it. Getting D-Mo isn't anything to celebrate until he actually proves himself lol. He could be another David Anderson. We essentially traded Battier for a complete bum and another lousy draft pick. Was that really the best deal available for Shane:rolleyes:

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yes because there was a hot market for a slowed down glue guy with almost no offence that could walk on them the next season.:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lack of direction? Is the direction of this team not blatantly obvious this summer? We practically led our entire roster go, in exchange for a boatload of rookies. Two players in our starting lineup are 2nd and 3rd year players, and our entire bench practically consists of rookies.

And again, you refuse to acknowledge the draft pick which we got for Lowry. If that doesn't get "rebuild" through your head you probably won't ever see it.

That's fine, you don't need to celebrate D-Mo. He's still unproven on the NBA level.

And do tell me what we could have gotten for Battier, who was also an expiring contract. Lottery pick? Impossible. High caliber player? Doubtful.

There were certain posters on this board who would make literally every criticism possible of our management, yet provide absolutely no solution of their own to the situation. It's easy to criticize a move, but unless there are better alternatives out there you cannot call it a "bad move".

13. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Man Kyle Lowry destroyed Felton... This is the thing I will really miss this year. I love it when Kyle Lowry just goes off and still be under the radar. Lin is decent but he's no Kyle Lowry.

14. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I hate the fact that they compares Felton to Lowry in that game. Sure both are chubby PGs but Lowry is chubby in a good way where he's strong, fast and quick while Felton is chubby in a fat lazy way. Felton tries to be fancy with the ball and turns it over while Lowry plays with much more control, plays smarter, hustles, and plays hard nose basketball.

Both these guys are so different. Lowry is dominant and impacts the game way more than Felton. Lowry is just a much better player overall and does all the little things on the court. One guy is a lazy player that tries to be fancy with the ball while the other plays hard and impacts the game in every category. Lowry is a great player and he is definitely a top 10 PG easily.

I really miss Lowry and his hard nose game and what he brings to Houston. He is the best PG the Rockets had in a long time. The Rockets will never have a PG like Lowry ever again. He was special in his own way.

15. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Lowry playing at a very high level is a GOOD thing for us. We want Toronto to make the playoffs, else we get some crappy 11-14th pick from them. If he plays himself out of his contract, some other team out there will steal him away when his contract is up and the Raptors will subsequently flame out, leaving us with a much better pick later on. Also, the most of the top-pick protections will have worn off by then.

16. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Anyone watch Lowry play tonight? Apparently he had another fourth quarter takeover. :(

17. VanityHalfBlack

3-6/7-8 ftm/ 6 to/ 6 ast/ 5 reb/ -2/ 15 pts

18. carayip

carayip Member

Lowry will give you his 16 points and 6 assists and solid D every game. Very good but hardly dominant or "takeover". He is who he is.

19. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

He had a late 3 that put them ahead if I remember correctly by 6 with like a minute to go. The game was pretty close the whole game. The Bucks pretty much just rely on jumpshots, they don't have much of an inside game.

1 person likes this.
  20. HorneR

HorneR Member

Like most, really gonna miss the guy.