1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Kevin McHale working out new Spread 4 candidate

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 19, 2013.

1. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

did i heard well that Dwight made a nickname for Asik O-Rocky?

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It isn't very nice for Dwight to compare Omer's looks to Rocky Dennis.

3. bmd

bmd Member

Yes he is. He is the same guy saying the reason Dwight isn't fluid like Hakeem is because his shoulders are too big and that is the reason he plays kind of stiff.

He also says the reason for his back problems is his shoulder muscles being too big.

RV6 takes a simple problem that Dwight *may* very well have, like a muscular imbalance, and draws absurd conclusions from it.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Malone and Robinson were pretty big guys. They both were stiff too.

Take it as it is. Hakeem being that big as well as fluid/quick is a once in a lifetime kind of player.

The only guy who had a chance to be like him offensively in this generation was Al Jefferson pre ACL. Guy had some Hakeem level moves.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Basically, yes. Muscles determine a lot of your alignment. Mimic his posture, with your shoulders protracted (as if you were trying to touch them together) and try shooting a jumper. You get his same form. It doesn't allow you to raise up your arms and get full extension.

You're doing this again, really?

For the 20th time. Howard wore a special compression shirt last season that is designed specifically to improve his posture, mainly keeping his shoulders back. I can't make that up. If I'm drawing absurd conclusions, then so are professionals.

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it is wrong. At the very least, quote me directly, so there is no confusion.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles...ht-howards-game-shirt-is-function-not-fashion

#65 RV6, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  6. andersongo

andersongo Member

Lin sucked mostly because he was coming off an injury, he is not an abysmal shooter like Dwight. Lol, this is LA all other again. People who laughed at D'Antoni making Gasol take threes should eat crow.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That's why nba players can't get better. They keep shooting with that ugly form. I really don't care about that form because you can become a good shooter with hours of sweat practice. People called me Dirk and they said my jumper was ugly, but it was wet.

8. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

honestly, who cares if the other team packs the paint when you have the shooters the rockets have. Sounds like a bunch of wide open shots.

9. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

He's referring to Rocket J Squirrel, of course. Which I guess means Howard is Bullwinkle, Lin is Dudley Do-right, Beverley is Snidely Whiplash, and Parsons is the beautifu Nell.

Harden refuses to participate in this nonsense.

10. alethios

alethios Member

Harden is the narrator.

11. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

I'd like to see an Asik and Howard three point shootout battle in practice.

Sort of wonder why Asik is so bad at shooting. The few times I saw him shoot in the game, he didn't make it, but his form wasn't too bad. Definitely better than Howard's. Just looked like he lacked the confidence.