1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Kevin Garnett shares emotional moment with Kevin McHale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Thats powerful stuff man.

Prayers continued to the Mchale family.

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

You know what I just realized. KG probably watched Sasha grow up from afar back in teh day. Ugh. Wouldn't be surprised if he had a lot of emotions about Sasha's death.

3. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

Was already slightly emotional after watching one of the interviews from the school shooting when I saw this. This really pushed me over.

It's been one of those days.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I was just going to say this....Francis recently tweeted something about Matress Mac's daughter being all grown up now (Mac owned their practice facility back then) and it reminded me that KG probably knew Sasha personally and watched her grow up over the years...

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

You could see when KG was waling over that he was crazy somber. A lot of the players get really close to the coaches & ownerships family over the years. And McHale just burst out into tears immediately. Man that is so rough.

6. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Did Harden take a pay cut? No. Of course it's a business, but he was loyal, he didn't ask to get traded, kept playing for the city he loved, even thanked the ppl of MN during his post-champ interview.

He didn't hardball MN for that super contract, he signed what they gave him.

7. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Mchale practically groomed KG. Drafted him out of HS, he grew up with him like a father figure, I don't think KG had a father growing up.

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

If u think about it, sasha was born in 1990, garnett was drafted in 95 and was there till 08. I'm pretty sure sasha spent a lot of time around the team and kg probably knew her pretty well. This is the 1st time kg and mchale have seen each other since her passing. Good stuff, veery real.