1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Kevin Garnett shares emotional moment with Kevin McHale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ItsMyFault, Dec 14, 2012.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9pgvpyHdIlA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Garnett was surprisingly classy this game.

He was relatively quiet throughout the game.

3. mario_v

mario_v Member

Classy move by Garnett. Never understood the hate on Garnett. I have alot of respect for him.

In a league full of p*****s, where rival players don't want to compete against each other, but rather create super teams, Garnett is man amongst boys.

He is old school. Shows loyalty to his team and would never team up with his rivals. Truly, the last of a dying breed.

4. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I teared up. **** lupus.

5. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

That was just an incredibly powerful moment and worth seeing more than the game itself. Combine that moment with today's events how can you not tear up.

6. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Lol you kidding Garnett is a fake tough man, picks on smaller players then Runs away.

He joined Allen and pierce for the original big 3.

7. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

That is the real Garnett. For those who are new to the NBA, look up his interview with John Thompson, gives his candid thoughts about his struggles and loyalty to the Timberwolves, and ends up breaking down emotionally.

8. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Wrong, he was traded. He was too loyal to MN, stayed there forever when the best player they ever surrounded him with was Sam Cassell.

9. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Its an emotional night. After the news about the tragic event in Connecticut, I think it really got to McHale. Its such a tragedy that this happened especially when innocent children are involved... I hope the people involved in that act will pay for this.

10. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

That was genuine humanly touching moment that transcended beyond sports.

1 person likes this.
  11. johnnybravo

johnnybravo Member

Garnett seemed to be teary eyed himself as he walked away. Heavy moment.

12. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

I think that most moderately intelligent NBA fans are capable of keeping a player's personalities on an off the court separate. Kevin Garnett has always been a major dichotomy, as he has been one of the true class acts of the NBA off the court and a colossal douche on it. I'll go right back to despising the man the next time he sets foot on the court, but right now he gets major props from me for being there for McHale like that.

13. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

For all the crap I talk about McHale the coach and Garnett the player, they're really genuine people. Super heartfelt moment.

14. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Forgot to add, I can't even comprehend how coach is even able to remotely handle this while being on the sideline, praying for you coach. RIP Sasha

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Just great! You spend all this time not liking a guy and he goes and does something like this.

16. mario_v

mario_v Member

Unlike most people, I dont really mind his on court antics that much. It's kind of funny. It makes for great rivalries, which the NBA really lacks.

Yes, he did join Allen and Pierce but they were all a bit past their prime (age 30-32). And it's not like he pulled a Lebron and secretly planned to form the big 3.

The truth is KG was loyal to minnesota, he didnt want to leave. Garnett was wasting his years in Minnesota. Mchale did him a favor and traded him to Boston because he's such a big Celtics homer.

17. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

As we all should, because that is pretty much what he setting out to do on the court, get under the opponent's skin and getting an advantage on the mental game, doing whatever it takes to get a win.

It makes the game alot more fun when you hate the player on the opposing team, kind of like the "heel" of the nba, for those of us who are wrestling fans.

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

Wow this had me tearing up. When KG was walking across you could tell that he looked somber man. Ugh. Today has been a depressing day on so many levels.

19. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Its on National tv bro :rolleyes:

20. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Does the camera have to follow McHale all the way? I mean, you already got your shot of that hug, isn't that enough? Give the man some privacy. Exploiting other people's sad emotions/grieve is just so cheap.:rolleyes: