1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Josh Smith dominates Mavs in second half of Game 2 (local broadcast)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2015.

1. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

2. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I know he's capable of being a playmaker. But he needs to know when and how to do it. Him trying to cross over his man at the top of the key almost always results in a turnover. He dribbles into the help defender with that crossover and bam turnover. Or bam jump pass turnover.

When he sets the pick and gets the ball on the roll from Harden....That's where i want him to be a playmaker.

When josh started feeling "hot" he basically started following Prigioni around the court calling for the ball and not moving. We don't need that Josh Smith.

3. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

My comparison:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q4zjIzj0nHM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  4. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Got invited last minute to this game. It'd been a while since I had been to a game, and of course the first thing that struck me is how they all are so much taller in person. But then as the game started going, I was struck how Dirk is slower in person than on tv. Seriously, I wonder how Dallas can justify playing him big minutes going forward. He just can't guard anyone.

5. whathappened

whathappened Member

and Harden was the biggest cheerleader off the bench! Good to see!

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

someone needs to put Jackie Moon's face on Josh Smith and let the video commence.

would be pretty funny.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

if dirk or charlie V. are guarding him, that's a mismatch all day and thats a clear advantage houston will be exploiting.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

when harden is in the game he more times than none plays off of him. im specifically talking about when harden is out of the game when there is no one else to create besides smith.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Watching that 4th quarter gave me flashbacks to this historic DUNK-FEST:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JCRUozHJg4E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. imailyang

imailyang Member

I wish this pass was included in the video too. No assist, but that backdoor heat check pass to Harden would have been his 10th assist. I remember Harden was mouthing the words, 'I was about to crank it.'

[​IMG]

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

hopefully TJones is going to be fine, but thx, Dwight, for knocking him out!

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I wish they would allow the local broadcast team to call all rounds of the playoffs not just the 1st.

13. deshen

deshen Member

awesome, thanks.

14. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I respectfully disagree. I like what prigoni does getting everyone in the right spots. He runs the PnR effectively. I'd rather smith continue playing in his area of strength (i.e. catching the ball in a position to make a pass or put up a shot). I don't want smith running point.

15. i3artow i3aller

All the alley-oops are belong to us! :cool::p:grin:
    [​IMG]

16. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Right now Dirk can't stay infront of Smith off the dribble. But moving forward its unlikely he'll see that type of mismatch again. I don't want him to revert back to his bad habits (which usually involves his one on one dribbling)

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Look at who was involved in almost all of these plays defending Josh Smith? Dirk.

Dirk has just lost all mobility and is such a liability on defense nowadays. Carlisle is having a very hard time dealing with this. Their offense can't really afford to lose Dirk, but their defense is hurting with Dirk.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

next time watch closely. he gives the ball up just as much as beverly does, but he's just a better ball handler than beverly which is something im more confident in as far as TOs when they put pressure on the guards. prigs can run the pnr from time to time but it's not something they can continually do over a course of a game. what prigs did last night including the time being played is as much as he needs to do to be solid. like i said when beverly went down he will be replaced by committee and thats exactly what is happening and with even plus production.

19. Aaron_D

Aaron_D Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

say what you want. smiths job is to be aggressive and his versatility is a + for this team. its like saying josh should stop shooting 3's. if you haven't accepted the fact that he won't just all of a sudden stop shooting them then you should just stop watching him. he plays with confidence and that's the plus of having a player like him off the bench. smith really hasn't changed his game at all since coming to houston. he's just been put in a better situation to succeed where he's accepted a role. thats the difference.