1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jeremy Lin talks after Bulls game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2012.

1. jocar

jocar Member

Drama queen much?. Just because you would feel lonely in his position, doesn't mean he is. He's got friends on this team and in this city. You're the only one singling him out and drawing an (insecure) picture that isn't true. He's been the only asian on the bball court his entire life, and you think he's just feeling that NOW? How about acknowledging that he's human, and thus capable of having confidence issues without blaming everyone around him first. He's a big boy, he'll push through.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's not true. If people bash Lin because of that, then they are wrong. Lowry was a goner before the season ended because he could not get along with McHale. It had nothing to do with Lin.

Morey tried to sign Dragic. Dragic bolted because Morey wouldn't give him the fourth year option. It had nothing to do with Lin.

Lin was pursued AFTER both Lowry and Dragic had left. In fact, it looked very much like we couldn't get Lin after Morey's first alleged offer because the Knicks were going to match. Do you really think Morey would intentionally get rid of both of his PGs BEFORE he was sure he could sign Lin?

1 person likes this.
  3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Dragic or Lowry could have easily been kept which is the point.

4. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Like how?

Lowry didnt want to be here and dont tell me you would fire McHale in order to retain Lowry.

We probably could have gotten Gogi, but he insisted on the 4th year player option that Morey would never hand out, no deal.

On the current roster everyone has 3year/less than 3 year contract except for Harden, not a coincidence IMO

5. booster rocket

Perhaps he needs to play 40+ mins afterall.... Probably takes 39 mins just to get him warmed up. that is what dantoni did in nyc. problem is his knee is prob like 95% so cant risk injury to their 25 $ mill investment. i do think the rox system currently does not suit him at all. puzzling coachin staff. we live in an instant satisfaction world unfortunately for lin his celebrity status has doomed him now. must say would be fun to watch him in LA with dantoni next year if houston doesnt work out.

6. lfw

lfw Rookie

Lin looks like he has the world on his shoulders. He doesn't look like he has the explosiveness in his step or jump like he had last season since the surgery. He's playing way below the rim right now and his shot is much easier to block.

I believe that one of the big reasons Lin was successful last year was because he finally built an NBA body. His work during the lockout with Sparta significantly improved his strength, jump, and quickness and that evened out the playing field a bit. I don't think Lin has worked his way back to that level yet since his surgery.

7. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Agreed, he used to have a really explosive first step. He seems to have lost it already, it might take him a few more months to regain that strength and explosiveness, or never.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well my original statement is why most fans bash him.

In most people eyes it will look like we got rid of lowry and dragic and brought in Lin. That is how it will look to most people no matter what those particular reasons are.

Also I'm sure lots of people would have wanted Morey to give Dragic that 4th year instead of opting to sign Lin.

9. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

There is no doubt that Lin is in a shoot slump, and it started effecting the other parts of his game now.

People tried to blame his poor shooting on his mechanic/form, but we all know that's overated. Look at the great shooters in the league history, many of them have unconventional shooting forms. As long as you can make the shots consistently, no one cares what kind of forms you have. Most NBA players shoot a very high % in the practice, but few can reproduce it in the game. It has more to do with the pressure, mentally and physically.

There are two ways for Lin to get out the shooting slump, neither of them is easy.

One way is for him to get some baskets by going to the hoop, that'll open up everything for him. But because of his poor shooting, defenders have been laying back, and took his penetration away, so it's hard to get to the hoop.

The other option is shoot himself out of the slump, which is not possible now that the team/Sampson is trying to win games, and his role with the team won't allow him to get many shots.

I think many fans are caught in between, on one hand, they know this team is too young to go anywhere, they need to play through mistakes to develop; on the other hand, the fans want to see their team win every game possible, so they have a hard time to stomach the costly mistakes by the young players.

10. mil

mil Member

A lot of people just look at the points a player scored and not the overall contribution a player had on the team.A better way of judging a player's contribution ,i think ,is on top of the total points a player scored,an additional point is added to each rebound,assist,block,steal,taking a defence charge and a point deducted for each turn over.So ,for example, a player who scored 25 points and had 5 turn overs with no rebound, steal etc did not somehow out played his team mate who scored 10 points but had 8 rebounds 5 assists,3 steals 3 block shots no turn over and took 3 defence charged.I think a rebound or a steal is almost as important as a score.Because it prevents the opponent from scoring [they can't score without the ball] but give his team a chance to score ,which could be a 4 or 5 points turnaround.I think ,in that way we can have a better gauge of what a player actual impact is on the team.Your thought.By the way Lin really sucks last night and i hope that was his worst game in his NBA career. Happy Thanksgiving to all !

11. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Yes but that has nothing to do with lin.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The reality is that they are gone. People need to get over that and move on.

Not saying you are one of them, but the people whining about wishing we had Lowry or Dragic should just go root for the suns or Toronto.

Geez. Enough is enough. We get it. Dragic would be really nice to have. Well, life sucks. Move on now.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

Anytime a player replaces a guy or in this case two guys who are good at the position it will be talked about and debated.

When those two guys go elsewhere and are productive while Lin is struggling it will be talked about.

Pretty simple concept that happens in sports a lot.

14. lfw

lfw Rookie

I think Lin will eventually get it back. He tore his meniscus but according to all reports nothing else in his knee was damaged. He just needs to continue to build up strength in it and hopefully his game comes back with it.

15. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Sure but you seem to take it to the very extreme. You do realize that Lin is the only one wearing Rockets uniform and the other two guys are elsewhere now.

It'd be really nice that you would root for our own player once in a while. As much as Lin has underperformed, he is not the ONLY reason Houston has a losing record today.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

Please quote anything in this thread that I have that was extreme towards Jeremy Lin. In fact I haven't even bashed him in this thread. I replied to one poster answering why I think Lin has been bashed so far in this thread.

Not once in this thread have I called Lin Garbage.

17. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I didn't say you were using abusive language toward Lin. I said your constant reference to Lowry/Dragic was excessive. When Lin was signed, I was not for this move either. I'd have kept Lowry but it was not meant to be.

BTW, Lin was garbage last night, definitely not 25-mil worthy. However, I will continue to root for this guy to succeed because a Linsanity Lin will make this team better and one step closer to championship aspiration.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well I constantly referenced them because my 1st post was about them and people responded to it.

Not like I'm going around the thread trolling about Lin. I hope he gets out of the funk but not shocked that folks are bashing him. That's all I said

19. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

I think we are arguing from the same side.

One more thing to be thankful for: another Lin supporter.

Happy Thanksgiving!

20. nono

nono Member

Things could be worse. We could be the New York Jets. Lol.