1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Jeremy Lin POSTER SLAM vs. Kings!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 10, 2013.

1. holly1985

holly1985 Member

You both were at the game? Nice. Did you ever hear fans yelling racist stuff at Lin? He said he got quite a few of that when he played in college.

2. hkomives

hkomives Member

I think Lin is already learning quite a bit of keeping the ball alive dribbling in the paint ala Steve Nash and giving teammates good looks for easy shots.

He'd done it plenty the past several games, he's far from Steve Nash and needs work, also he's dribbling and shooting skills, but he's getting there. Does Steve Nash throw long bombs to streaking teammates?

No coach or systems could stop him.

3. hkomives

hkomives Member

He's not, but that's just the point.

A guard more athletic doesn't mean they're better than Lin or Nash.

4. SPBR

SPBR Member

I like that he's landing on two feet or at least absorbing the impact with his feet and knees. He used to just fall on his back after a layup, I figured he was probably trying to avoid re-injuring his knees or his ankles. There were also a few times this season where he would land on one leg awkwardly (e.g. fighting for rebound with Duncan vs. Spurs) so this is an improvement.

5. ahhh

ahhh Member

"fighting for rebound with Duncan vs. Spurs"

just shows how pathetic our front court is.

6. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

I didn't hear any racist stuff. Just a lot of boo's. I did have King fans all around me and it got annoying being outnumbered lol. I had one guy who was a Rocket fan about 2-3 rows behind me though. Not sure if he roams clutchfans or not.

7. gengar

gengar Member

welcome to America, where it's OK to be racist against Asians and degrade them but it's not OK to do it to other races like Blacks.

(I'm Asian myself, grew up in the South so I had to take a lot of racism growing up)

8. Star

Star Member

Seems like only Mchale is the only one impressed, clapping hands. Maybe the other staff are just :eek:

9. AlbanyFan

AlbanyFan Member

Honestly, this DUNK made up for them losing the game.

10. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Come on man. We knew Lin could dunk, but dunk like that!! Y'all didn't know that. He probably didn't know that. Tell you what, now that he knows, he's gonna go for it more often and he's gonna make us laugh when he busts an old-TMac once or twice, missing a dni or two. Lol. But go for it young Jeremy. Throw it down!
    Morey always talk about efficiency. There is no more efficient shot than a dunk!

11. AlbanyFan

AlbanyFan Member

In fact, I'd rather have this awesome dunk than the win. This means Lin has turned the corner, and is now 100% healthy. That dunk was his biggest NBA dunk so far. Far more impressive than the dunks against the Wizards or the Lakers when he was with the Knicks. I think a healthy, active Lin who is hitting his 3's is going to be a great boon to the Rockets. He really is showing a great improvement already.

12. OpportunityCost

I've been saying this for so long. Did you hear the silence of Worrell and Bullard after the dunk by Lin? Like "what are we suppose to say?" Not much excitement. Seems like it's a reluctant acknowledgement of nice a play but very delayed and very weird.

Even when Lin has started to shoot with better accuracy from the 3-point line over the last 6-games, I've heard Worrell say, "where is this coming from, or what happened?" As if he's upset he's not going to be able to dog him about his poor 3-point shooting anymore.

However in Bill's defense, I feel he's become more fair in his commentary of Lin's play and a little less one-sided with the negativity, like his harping or his over-the-top sounds of disdain on a Lin missed shot while ignoring good plays by Lin with silence(for instance Lin would make a great pass, but Worrell would instead acknowledge the person who caught the good pass and not the passer). He's definitely become more fair though in my opinion as of late.

13. OpportunityCost

McHale actually claps after almost every made Rocket shot. I think it's just instinctual.

14. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Lin can get more dunk opportunities if he just learns iverson's crossover... Maybe he should pay AI the money he is paying his shooting coach to teach him one on one this offseason. Lin definitely has the first step quickness to pull it off!

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

I think you are reading to much into this. It just seemed like they were speechless for a few seconds. At the 18 second mark they started to laugh & said repeatedly what a dunk.

The last time I have seen Lin put somebody on a poster like that was in harvard I don't think they expected that from him. It is just harmless, there isn't any negative intent behind it at all.

16. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

No... It was a critical win that we needed. But good to see him get up there. Confidence is one thing Jeremy needs, and what better way than to see his bugaboo 3 pts go in and to posterize someone. Once he gets the trust of his coaches and teammates, he's got a bright future ahead of him with the Rockets, eventual contenders for years to come.

17. holly1985

holly1985 Member

Nah, for lin fans, maybe yes. But a win is a win, even if it's an ugly one.
    We needed this win.
    It's good to see Lin's knee is 100% healthy now

18. Karolik

Karolik Member

Jeremy Lin's play is boring compared to Douglas and Beverly. Beverly and Douglas run around all hyper and stuff, and you can tell because the commentators love spewing praise on them while when Jeremy plays they are just kind of "meh". Thats why this dunk was so shocking.

19. kenny_star

kenny_star New Member

Holy crap, it looks like lin went airborne a full 8 feet from the basket.

In this clip, Westbrook jumps from about 6 feet from the basket, a much closer range:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AMFosJ7IBs

20. FTW

FTW Member

damn, have a look at 0:08-0:09, when kings inbounds the ball, player's foot is on the line.

yes, Lin's dunk is sick. big happy surprise. if he does it again against warriors.... wow, just wow...