1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] James Harden - Defensive

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Buzzlite, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

James Harden has quietly put together a phenomenal display on the less desirable end of the court...While some fail to give him credit he leads the league in defensive win shares and is top ten in steals per game! :eek:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XBzUTucY5rc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is my Second Mix, it documents a sample of The Beards's Defensive Prowess on his journey to prove the doubters wrong

Hope you guys enjoy! #RedNation :cool:

14 people like this.
  2. JuckTheFazz!

JuckTheFazz! Rookie

Amazing! Very creative and nice mix of clips! :):):)

3. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Thanks! We've got a lot of things to look forward to as the season goes on...Harden's Defense, the addition of J-Smoove...Hopefully we've got
    the injuries out of the way and we can stay healthy for the remainder of the season :)

4. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice compilation. Keep it up!

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

im honestly curious. how good is defensive win shares of a metric to determine how well is doing defensively this season?

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

very awesome. thx for posting

7. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

damn im digging the song! and badass video!

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

WISH I WASNT AT WORK!!!!! I WANT TO SEE THIS. DAMN YOU SECURED INTERNET -______________-

9. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

honestly i dont think its a great stat, if im not mistaken boozer lead the league last seasonn and while he's not a bad defender we know hes not the best

10. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

I felt it was a perfect fit for Harden's situation while I was making it haha...Especially the Second Verse and the Chorus...Thanks for the feedback guys!

11. engr chris

engr chris Member

12. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

True, if I remember correctly the stat is often inflated for players who have a good defense behind them...Steph Curry is also high on the list due to the Warriors Defensive rating, but regardless of the statistic we all know Harden is very much improved on the defensive side of the court haha!

13. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

What song is that at the start? Also love how you integrated the headphone commercial, awesome work.

14. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Thanks, It pops up atleast 20 times on each Rockets Broadcast haha might as well put it to good use...The song is: Dilated Peoples- You can't hide you can't run

15. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's not good. It's more a reflection of the team. Someone mentioned Boozer. Perfect example.

I think DRPM is a bit better, and he's shown a huge improvement from last year. From 67th best SG to 6th best so far this year.

Bottom line is I don't think you can call him a stopper or elite, but you can't call him bad either. At worst, average.

17. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Watch it on your phone?

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

awesome. so first in the other stat. and 6th now in SG's in drpm.

as far as 67th that sounds like he was about last in his position.

if the rockets continue to win and put their health issues behind them and harden ups his shooting a little the mvp is his to lose. pretty crazy that i was very conflicted when the rockets traded for him and i wanted them to tank and develop lamb and royce white. im not even sure if conflicted is the right word, maybe more disapointed. im an idiot.

19. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Good job on the mix.

20. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

I don't think any of us could have projected Harden to progress this quickly bro...It's pretty remarkable when you realize the man is only 25