1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Ish Smith no-look pass to Chuck Hayes

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 7, 2010.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Yes, but he made dumb decision which is not going to college and developing his game before heading to the NBA.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Telfair with college expierence could've been one of the top-5 point guards in the nba, played like cp3.

3. bloop

bloop Member

What that clip shows is how true Chuck's hands are. great pass by Smith, great handle and score by Hayes

nah coulda shoulda woulda. there's absolutely no way to substantiate in the slightest this sort of generalization. he was hyped because he's from the NY basketball scene and is marbury's cousin or something. he hasn't shown any kind of work ethic or smarts in 8 years in the league so we know at least that he wouldn't have had that going for him even if he spent 2 or 3 years with Pitino.

4. devilsdandruff

without replays. i couldn't even see the pass.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

1 turnover in 41 minutes is also pretty impressive. I think Ish would have had 10 assists if Jordan Hill would dunk the ball after receiving one of his passes. Ish gave him 3 passes, all in transition, all in stride, all right around the basket.

I'm surprised at how fast and in control he is in transition.

6. VanityHalfBlack

LOL, let him come off the bench...

7. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

He had so many pinpoint passes, but a lot of our guys couldn't finish.

He could have easily had 10 assists this game.

8. Chamillionaire

AB would never make that pass. great passers are still great.

9. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

How old is Ish?

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Clyde mentioned that he hadn't seen a pg with Ish's passing ability in a long time.

Ish could be something really special if he could develop a reliable mid-range shot and a floater. Ish's passes to Jordan Hill were so precise that all he had to do was catch and either shoot or make a layup.

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I think he's 21 or 22

12. yokel0123

yokel0123 Member

wow, that was amazing. without the slowmo, you can never tell how he passed it to chuck

13. mich

mich Member

I really like this guy!

What have been doing this year, Rick?

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's the black Pistol Pete Maravich.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

After watching the replay, still a good pass.....great court awareness.....

DD

16. alex_eg6

alex_eg6 Member

Im surprised that Chuck was able to get that pass. It was way to fast for the naked eye.

17. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

Now that is talent! Something you just can't learn or teach. Wow! I am really impressed. He sees passing lanes that 90% other NBA starting PG's can't see. He is a keeper. I want him to start vs. smaller guards.

18. J-Wolf

J-Wolf Member

And further to that, I would like Ish to start vs. teams with smaller guards such as GS, Bucks, etc. Lowry probably should start vs. Utah, Mav, etc. AB's best role is to come off bench and provide some fire power, just like Jason Terry.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

While watching the game, I saw that play and couldn't figure out what happened. It looked like a magic trick. I stopped my DVR and replayed it a few times. Just one hell of a pass! Apparently, he did that stuff at Wake Forest as well, where he was team captain for 3 straight years. Also a hell of a play by Chuck. Great to see Hayes with his motor running full speed, after being injured most of last season.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Haha, same here. I honestly thought it was a behind the back pass until I saw the video in this thread. What's impressive is that the players seem to be expecting the passes, too.

That's why I'm calling him the next Pistol Pete. With his passes, you're not exactly sure what happened until you see it a few times.