1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Harlem Shake

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jae713, Feb 8, 2013.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It was pretty "poppin" at Roak when they played this song on Sat night.

Got to chill with rezdawg for a while. Good times.

2. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

grumpy cat knows wassup

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XyhtcamxWo0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

percicles... :eek: before seeing the video, I thought it was going to be this:

[​IMG]

Are we sure people don't mean The Harlem Shuffle? :confused:

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

You're so right. I can't believe I never thought of doing that. Let me get on my Protest Pants and I'll meet you at Protest avenue and we can protest this for Harlem. You're with me right? No? Eh screw this.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

residents from the Northern Dutch municipality of Haarlem should be up in arms about this.

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

They mad.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

8. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

My schools version
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bknSp5y5WCw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    AWESOME!

9. SwoLy-D

[​IMG]

:grin:

10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tKCvGlfrQvw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Anxiety Trooper

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/24/4-arrested-egypt-harlem-shake/

4 arrested in Egypt for ‘Harlem shake’

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Minnesota high school students suspended for Harlem Shake.

http://www.startribune.com/local/west/192632791.html?refer=y

Mound Westonka hockey players suspended after cafeteria dance

Several players on the Mound Westonka High School boys hockey team were suspended Friday and not allowed to play that night in their section playoff game because they performed the newest viral dance craze, the “Harlem Shake,” during the school lunch hour, according to *students and parents.

A group of students, including six hockey players, were recording a video of themselves performing the “Harlem Shake” in the school cafeteria so that they could submit it to be played during a weekly school broadcast and post it on YouTube, according to students.

More students joined in and the dancers jumped onto lunch tables, they said. About two dozen students supposedly took part.

At one point, the school’s activities director, Dion Koltes, reportedly took the video camera the group was using. After the camera was confiscated, administrators reportedly examined the video with police.
    Later in the day, hockey players and other students who participated in the dance were suspended and reportedly cited by police for disorderly conduct, *according to students.

“I feel like we have good kids and a good program,” said Coach Doug Runke. “There are a lot of good things going on, and I thought this was going to be a good year to make a run at it. Unfortunately, sometimes you get success and sometimes you’ve got to learn some life lessons.”

The suspensions cost the team five skaters and the regular goalie, Runke said. Remaining players had to play on shifts with teammates they hadn’t played with before.

On Friday, Koltes declined to comment and referred questions to Principal Keith Randklev, who did not return calls. Police also couldn’t be reached.

The “Harlem Shake” has become an Internet phenomenon with thousands of YouTube videos of people dancing to the song by New York producer Baauer. This week, Billboard adopted a new standard for ranking songs on its charts, which propelled the “Harlem Shake” to a debut at No. 1 on the Hot 100.

Connor Ehret, a senior at the high school who saw what happened, said he thought the performance was authorized. “Every other school in the area has done it and nothing has happened to them,” he said.

On Friday night, the boys varsity team played Blake School in Minneapolis in a section quarterfinal playoff game. Blake had twice as many players on the bench as Mound Westonka. With five minutes left in the game, students in the Mound Westonka section sarcastically chanted, “Thank you, Dion!” Blake students responded by yelling, “Season’s over!” Blake won 6-4.

After the game, several adults, including a parent of a senior hockey player, confronted Koltes in the stands and yelled, “You have no idea what you did to these kids! No idea!” Another adult yelled to Koltes to “Find a new job!”

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Please don't post the Texans' Harlem Shake. I prefer other fans not laughing at us.

14. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

The Real Harlem Shake

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O5m6sJCbZEk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. SwoLy-D

Highland Students Suspended for Shooting 'Harlem Shake' Video at School

Several Milford High School students are suspended after shooting videos and posting them to YouTube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DswrKBiZrfY
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DswrKBiZrfY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Ummm... Nicole, Nicole, Nicole... there are rules, milady. :eek:

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I did mean to add "BUT - The older people...{etc}" Saying that using older people is NOT a really good voice to use.

Of COURSE some guy with his heyday back in the 60's isnt gonna be down with this stuff. Though in that video, they did get enough young people's reaction. Some said its "gotta go", but most people were like just "if you didnt know HARLEM, then THIS is what it is".

There's really no "right" or "wrong" to it I don't think. Everyone's opinion is valid here lol

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Go 'n get your SHAKE ON. I'm not stopping it, I'm not being a killjoy :)

Just saying a certain faction of people knowing there's already history to it, may not take to it. It can be just enough to turn people off before they "get it". Even before they care to know where the TRUE source of the Harlem Shake came from.

(See even there, have to specify WHICH "Shake"). We can all agree its an UNINTENTIONAL MISPRESENTATION. But still in some eyes a misrepresentation.

And I've BEEN saying its UNFORTUNATE that its that way. But people around for the original arent just gonna forget it happened. And thats a SMALL NUMBER of people anyway. Not enough to stop an internet avalanche.

18. SK34

SK34 Member

I think clutchfans should get together and do a harlem shake video.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-G-cBND9cN4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I would love to see this video made into a Harlem Shake video.

Edit: better video with multiple angles.

#159 KingCheetah, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  20. jae713

jae713 Member

Count me in. :)