1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Hakeem - Scoring Skills

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, May 8, 2013.

1. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Footwork, yes, but I think Dwight has pretty OK finesse.

Watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mArHU1ewSog I notice that Dwight's release is too low and too much in the front. His center of gravity is also not low enough.

Of course, he won't ever turn into Dream but getting a little better in the post would help big, adding to the PnR with Harden and Lin.

2. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

My sentiments exactly. Great man, great video, great OP. He's even more amazing when you consider he played soccer and not basketball growing up. And even though I'm not a Houston Cougar I love the fact that Hakeem was both a Cougar and a Rocket.

3. Asian Sensation

This is true. Hakeem is the wrong mentor for Dwight. I've always wondered why Dwight didn't/doesn't reach out to Shaq for help? I'd give Shaq whatever money he wanted for him to tutor me if I were Dwight.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kobe, Lebron, Carmelo. The only one left now to mentor is Durant.

5. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hakeem clowned more people than Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circuses have.

6. GraingerGuy

GraingerGuy Member

He is ridiculous. All those moves, all so smooth and he was able to put it on the floor and dribble too. He was the complete package.

On a side note, can someone explain to me why it wasn't traveling with the move he pulled on Shaq at around the 10 minute mark?

7. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

wow thanks for posting this...I havent watched hakeem in years almost forgot how bad he was.

There is not PF/C that moves anywhere near like he does now.