1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[VIDEO] Gerald Green's First Rocket Dunk

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Feb 27, 2008.

1. lalala902102001

He looked good tonight. The rest of this season is a good opportunity for the Rockets to see whether Green is worth keeping.

2. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Chris Anderson was comic relief.

3. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

Keep passing and dunking! :D

4. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

he needs to learn from tmac how to pass, battier how to defend, and novak how to shoot (though he has good form with his shot)

we could definitely develop this young man. lock him up for 2 years 3rd year team option.. he should be coming along nicely by then. remember a year ago he averaged 11 points.

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Notice how easily he blew past his defender for that dunk. He will definitely be a tough guard for most guys.

6. FFz

FFz Member

Now how serious do you think his defender was playing then? it looked like a half assed closeout to me. Impressive vertical none the less.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

It looked like that because he got the defender to bite on the little shot fake. I've seen him play in Boston, his first step is no joke. You make the kid shoot jumpers or he'll burn you to the goal.

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Which was a classless move by Daryl Dawkins to do.... If lame contest dunks are what get you hating someone, no reason to ever like Bob Sura in this forum, ever.

9. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I just like the fact he got an opportunity to play and scored. I also liked MacLady's response when he threw it down. He leaped off the bench like a cheerleader.

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I'd like to see how high you can jump in socks. That was a hard dunk.

And the fact that he knocked the shoes off was disrespectful. If someone had done that to him he would have been pissed.

I don't care how great a player you are, or you become, as a human being you should never disrespect someone else.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i think it's more about the offseason and next season.

12. dookiester

dookiester Member

best case scenario and hope of hopes is that gerald blossoms in a short time and becomes a viable option in the playoffs, helping to soften the blow of losing yao. its a slim chance, but ill take it. id love to see him just go off, with the right coaching staff and veteran teammates. i am not going to count out his ability to develop and learn. look how quickly landry has become an integral part of this team. at the very least, he can spell tmac and battier and help against big guards that are gona try to abuse head in the post.

13. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

there is no way i'm calling a grown man cupcake. he should dead that nonsense himself.

14. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

That's what I was thinking - maybe Green will emerge very quickly and help make up for the loss of Yao. Could happen if TMac or Luther get in foul trouble or miss a game or two with a sprain. It happens with these high school graduates: one days something clicks and they put it all together and become monsters on the floor. We can only hope.

15. poprocks

poprocks Member

Gerald Green is the next T-Mac? Well here he is with the real T-Mac. Maybe something will rub off. Learn from the Master himself.

Soak in the waters of knowledge Grasshopper!

16. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

You dont think putting your smelly shoes on top of the table infront of "I suppose he was a great bball player Im not that old school to know who he is" when you're a rookie who hasnt proven anything isnt disrespectful? Shoot I would knock it down too.

17. Panda

Panda Member

It was just a gig, dumb, but not intentionally disrespectful.

Back to the dunk.

OMG, AIR GREEN! :D

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I agree. That could possibly be the worst nickname ever. I mean, it's cool to make cupcake references, but not as a nickname.

19. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Prolly cause you've never tried playing basketball on hardwood w/o shoes. It's difficult cause you get no traction. Plus by the time he got to that dunk he knew it was already over.

20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Oh give me a break. Him taking the shoes, signing them and putting them on the table, was all in fun. He was just trying to emphasize what he was going to do. He wasn't disrespecting anyone.

Also, like jez above me said he already knew that Dwight had it at that point. No matter what he did he wasn't going to win.